Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The zip works for need for speed, but the black bars are still there as there is no index.html in the app folder. any help?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryzotter View Post
    The zip works for need for speed, but the black bars are still there as there is no index.html in the app folder. any help?
    black bars will always appear on games/pdk apps as they are not resizeable like html5/mojo apps.
    downloaded internals from app cat but can't find my apps in it, what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    As most of you will notice, most apps won't fit the whole screen on the Pre3.

Fixing this is super easy.

Resizing App

1) Go to the app in Internalz (make sure master mode and linux formatting is on)

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/(whatever app)
    2) Open up the 'index.html' of the app.

3) Add this line RIGHT below the <head> tag:

Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>
    4)Save
    DONE. App will now fit the whole screen.

Fixing Background size (thanks Rsanchez1)

Some apps have backgrounds which are just one image sized for Pre (and maybe Pixi) screen sizes. If you're a little experienced in CSS, you can check the app CSS for any body style declarations with a background in them, and add the following:

Code:
        -webkit-background-size: 100% auto;
        background-size: 100% auto;

Fixing PDK apps

1) Download the attached Zip File and unzip on your computer.

2) Transfer to the USB drive of your Pre3.

3) Place in each PDK app folder that isnt working right.

Code:
    4) Restart your Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by griltig View Post
    downloaded internals from app cat but can't find my apps in it, what am i doing wrong?
    Must be Internalz Pro and you must select Master mode from Preferences
    Quote Originally Posted by griltig View Post
    I'm not sure johncc's response was clear, so I'll just clarify: you need to install Internalz PRO which is NOT available in the app catalog; app catalog apps are simply not allowed to do the things Internalz Pro can do, thus the version in the app catalog would more properly be called "Internalz Lite". You can install it using webOS Quick Install (WOSQI), or you can install Preware (using WOSQI) and then install Internalz Pro using Preware.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Is there a way to fix the app Trapster like this, so the car is not only shown at the bottom of the screen on my Pre3?
    Seems it might have worked for the Bank of America screen but not for either the Clearwater Clearcard App nor the Foursquare App.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Seems it might have worked for the Bank of America screen but not for either the Clearwater Clearcard App nor the Foursquare App.
    Foursquare app has already been rewritten to fit the whole screen on pre3. Its only the splash screen that looks like it needs to be fixed but its still full screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    If you're looking for Clearcard functionality, my app Multi Pane has stayed up-to-date with all of the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Fixing PDK apps

1) Download the attached Zip File and unzip on your computer.

2) Transfer to the USB drive of your Pre3.

3) Place in each PDK app folder that isnt working right.

Code:
    4) Restart your Pre3.
    This didn't work for the Homebrew version of VisualBoy Advance. Any ideas??
    I touch it, and it glows, but then it doesn't do anything after that. No black screen, nothing.
    It worked great on Brothers In Arms 2!
    Thanks
    That's because PDK apps all are different and some rely on a certain resolution and just won't work if you change the resolution. Live with it or bugg the developer of the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Tried it on:

- Cloud Hopper Lite (Graphics distortion)
    - Minego's Freecell Solitare (cards fling away from finger because touch area is scaled)
    - Mahjong Solitare Lite (Scaling and ad appearing over play area)

Didn't work on any of them. Still have the same problems.
    hi vaseki,

I have fixed Mahjong Solitaire- the paid version. I have one more graphic to stretch, and then I'll post all the files as a .zip file so you can replace the ones you have (assuming you buy it)- give me a day or 2 to fix the image and copy the files over to my PC.

Thanks,

Tina
    The CNN cable news app needs mojo.html file edited instead of index.html

Add this line RIGHT below the <head> tag:

Code:
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Stitcher App needs real.html file edited :

Code:
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    For JSMatrix and Starfield apps:

In index.html the following works for Pre3
    Code:
    You can also add the following to options-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $in$ $the$ $assistants$ $folder$ $to$ $get$ $rid$ $of$ $the$ $app$ $menu$ $and$ $make$ $it$ $completely$ $full$ $screen$ :
    look for:
    Code:
    OptionsAssistant.prototype.activate = function(event) {
    and then add:
    Code:
    this.controller.enableFullScreenMode(true);
    Last edited by Mannyman; 05/12/2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: added another app
    xjstattoo likes this.
    For Timepiece app I ended up adding:
    Code:
    RIGHT below the <head> tag in all 6 of the index.html files... for it to work on mine.
    Thx for your suggestions.
    Have you tried Newsroom and some of the more difficult ones like Calc12C (there is a list somewhere here)?
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Have you tried Newsroom and some of the more difficult ones like Calc12C (there is a list somewhere here)?
    I don't have either of those. I'll check out the calculator one (free).
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I noticed on some apps, like linked in, you see the code, code show up when launching an app. On most apps, like Forums, this doesn't show up.

Click to view quoted image

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Make sure you only copy what is in between "
    Code:
    " and "
    " otherwise it may show up on non black backgrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Calc Apps look fine to me...?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast