Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I haven't had it break anything yet, but it does sometimes result in a discolored bar that doesn't match the background of the rest of the app. Examples are Newsroom & 8tracks. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just the nature of the fix?
    Some apps have backgrounds which are just one image sized for Pre (and maybe Pixi) screen sizes. If you're a little experienced in CSS, you can check the app CSS for any body style declarations with a background in them, and add the following:

Code:
        -webkit-background-size: 100% auto;
        background-size: 100% auto;
    This is awesome. Did forums and noted beta so far. Big improvement! Will do more soon as I figure out which ones need it. Copy paste and internalz remembers what folder makes it easy as pie! I would do a thanks and like if Forums let me!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I've been doing this for a while now on my apps and it usually works beautifully. I noticed aniWeather looks a little odd though, so I removed the fix for that.

The other thing I'd like to see from you dedicated developers (pleeease) is an update to your app icons to add a hi-res version. The scaled versions don't look too awful, but the native app icons in full-resolution look awesome and pin-sharp!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Has anyone tried this with Angry Birds Lite?
    Tried it on:

- Cloud Hopper Lite (Graphics distortion)
    - Minego's Freecell Solitare (cards fling away from finger because touch area is scaled)
    - Mahjong Solitare Lite (Scaling and ad appearing over play area)

Didn't work on any of them. Still have the same problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    Angry Birds Lite is PDK, I don't think this works for PDK apps.
    It will not work on PDK apps (maybe for some hybrid apps) and will cause issues for most of the games, I think... like Toni already experienced.
    I noticed on some apps, like linked in, you see the code, code show up when launching an app. On most apps, like Forums, this doesn't show up.

9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    I will post directions on how to fix PDK apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    It will not work on PDK apps (maybe for some hybrid apps) and will cause issues for most of the games, I think... like Toni already experienced.
    Actually the issues were already there, I was seeing if it's going to fix it. No difference.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually the issues were already there, I was seeing if it's going to fix it. No difference.
    try the pdk fix now in OP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    try the pdk fix now in OP
    The games I listed aren't PDK based though...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Awesome, 2 seconds to cut and paste, fixed the flickering line at the bottom of Dr. Podder!
    im totally doing this also for Newsroom app !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    im totally doing this also for Newsroom app !
    Read my other post about NewsRoom.... doesn't fix anything, actually makes it worse.

So far from what I have found, apps like Dr Podder or Internalz work because they use a scrolling list and not a set background. I haven't done further testing other than these 3 apps, so I can't be more specific... and where I would like to be writing apps, I do not have enough knowledge off the top of my head to say exactly what the issue is.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I did a couple of minor edits to Enjoy Sudoku Daily (com.enjoysudoku.enjoysudokudaily) that makes it look nicer on the Pre3:

1. added <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'> to index.html as described in the first post

2. in ./app/views/menu/menu-scene.html, changed the height of the first table definition from 454px to 512px

3. copied ./images/kinsale.png to /media/internal, then used windows paint to stretch it from 480 pixels to 512 pixels and then copied it back into place. This makes the background image fill the main screen rather than repeat at the bottom.

I have limited knowledge about the rest of this, so there's still a bunch of unused grey space at the bottom of the screen I don't know what to do with. Also, at certain times some unused buttons "Back", "More" and "Done" appear but do not do anything. I suspect they are vestigial buttons from a version of the game for android or some other platform that were always simply off the bottom of the screen on all previous webos phones. I tried deleting the table row definitions in play-scene.html that appeared to create those buttons, but the result was certainly not what I hoped so I just left it alone (I might have been on the right track, but simply don't know what I'm doing).

None of this make any functionality difference, it just makes it all a little nicer to look at as I do "Enjoy Sudoku Daily".
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    This fix works great in the apps I've applied it to.

Is there a way to apply the settings to different application's Exhibition mode?

Even some of the more recently updated apps such as Govnah still don't display correctly when selected in Exhibition. A fix would be appreciated.

Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Great... Did it on Gmaps on my Pre3.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by roams11 View Post
    This fix works great in the apps I've applied it to.

Is there a way to apply the settings to different application's Exhibition mode?

Even some of the more recently updated apps such as Govnah still don't display correctly when selected in Exhibition. A fix would be appreciated.

you will probably have to go to the apps css and look for any lines of code pertaining to exhibition, and then change the size values to a height of 800px.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    you will probably have to go to the apps css and look for any lines of code pertaining to exhibition, and then change the size values to a height of 800px.
    Thanks.

Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    Great... Did it on Gmaps on my Pre3.
    Excuse me? You have Google Maps functioning properly on your pre3? Does Latitude work?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast