1.    #1  
    I'm on sprint with a fankenpre2 and I ordered the Pre 3 which should get here today. I don't plan on leaving sprint, but after using the Pre2 I was mad at myself for waiting so long to do the conversion.

That is why I bought the Pre 3. I know it sounds pointless but I just want to use the device in place of my Pre 2 for everything except calls/texts. From what I remember you can only have your Palm profile on 1 phone but multiple touchpads. My Pre 2 and 2 Touchpads are on the same profile so is there a way my Pre 3 can use that profile as well or do I have to use a new account and repurchase my apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I'm on sprint with a fankenpre2 and I ordered the Pre 3 which should get here today. I don't plan on leaving sprint, but after using the Pre2 I was mad at myself for waiting so long to do the conversion.

That is why I bought the Pre 3. I know it sounds pointless but I just want to use the device in place of my Pre 2 for everything except calls/texts. From what I remember you can only have your Palm profile on 1 phone but multiple touchpads. My Pre 2 and 2 Touchpads are on the same profile so is there a way my Pre 3 can use that profile as well or do I have to use a new account and repurchase my apps?
    My understanding is that the phones will only support one at a time. I have 3 profiles now because I use the Pre3 on AT&T, but also utilize a Veer & Pre+. I was unable to find a way around it.

If you do use the device for wifi only, I highly suggest the radio off patch. Not that the Pre3 needs any help, but with my other misfit devices, it's simply amazing how much their performance improved with the radio off.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    I used the "Stop Device Wipe" for my Pre2 and let my phone profile go to the Pre3- still using the pre2 mostly because there are some apps on it that are unavailable on the pre3. No more using the app catalog with that phone, not a problem for me.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post

Like you, I WAS a Sprint user and had been since Sprint first started service in Dallas. After trying out some of their newer phones when my pre- finally died the other day (several android and ip4s), I decided I just couldn't move to another platform - so I switched to a Pre3 on Verizon. If you do their unlimited voice and txt with 2GB data, you aren't paying any more than the Sprint unlimited plan (I actually went with 5GB, but use a LOT of data).

What I have found is that Verizon has better call quality and signal strength and the data is MUCH faster. My son is on an Evo with Sprint, and we have been doing speed tests pretty much wherever we can. The 3G on Verizon is consistently twice as fast on download and 3 to 5 times faster on upload. I had to have an airave at my house to get sprint service but have a good Verizon signal.

So, my suggestion, just switch service while you are using your pre3. When you are finished using it, you can always switch back. FYI, it only took them 30 minutes to port my number. If you switch, do it by phone or in store, not the website.