Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By calebrun
  1.    #1  
    Hi all webos fans,

I had OpenVPN working fine for some weeks now. I'm not using it very often, but need it sometime.

Recentrly I could not start it, facing the following error message :
    - - - -
    openvpn: error while loading shared libraries: liblzo2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    - - - -

I've tried to uninstall OpenVPN, LZO, and OpenSSL from the Pre3, and then reinstall. This uninstall+reinstall process went with success, but no luck, I still got the error while starting OpenVPN.

I have searched this file :

> find / -name "liblzo2*" -print
    /opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0

I cheked in /opt/lib : the first entry above is a link to the second file under /media/cryptofs....
    c-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 116828 May 14 2010 liblzo2.so.2.0.0

But I noticed that I had more links for the liblzo.so than for the liblzo2 in /opt/lib :
    liblzo.so -> liblzo.so.1.0.0
    liblzo.so.1 -> liblzo.so.1.0.0
    liblzo.so.1.0.0 -> /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo.so.1.0.0
    liblzo2.so.2.0.0 -> /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0

I created the missing links on liblzo2 with ln command :
    ln liblzo2.so.2.0.0 liblzo2.so.2
    ln liblzo2.so.2.0.0 liblzo2.so

and voila... IT WORKS NOW !

Just to help if someone else is facing that kind of error...

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    devil.insulted likes this.
    This has solved my issue I really appreciate your help.
    The information solved the same problem in my Pre3 as well. Thanks a lot!
    I've pushed lzo_2.03-2 which should fix this. Expect to see it in the feeds within the hour.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've pushed lzo_2.03-2 which should fix this. Expect to see it in the feeds within the hour.

-- Rod
    Issue Persists Even After This Update.
    Please Confirm If Someone Else Has Tried It?
    This problem is actually easier to solve than that. Just add /opt/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run "ldconfig".
    Quote Originally Posted by mbainter View Post
    This problem is actually easier to solve than that. Just add /opt/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run "ldconfig".
    All optware executables are compiled with a run-time link option pointing to /opt/lib - running ldconfig should never be required for anything you install via Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi all webos fans,

I had OpenVPN working fine for some weeks now. I'm not using it very often, but need it sometime.

Recentrly I could not start it, facing the following error message :
    - - - -
    openvpn: error while loading shared libraries: liblzo2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    - - - -

I've tried to uninstall OpenVPN, LZO, and OpenSSL from the Pre3, and then reinstall. This uninstall+reinstall process went with success, but no luck, I still got the error while starting OpenVPN.

I have searched this file :

> find / -name "liblzo2*" -print
    /opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0

I cheked in /opt/lib : the first entry above is a link to the second file under /media/cryptofs....
    c-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 116828 May 14 2010 liblzo2.so.2.0.0

But I noticed that I had more links for the liblzo.so than for the liblzo2 in /opt/lib :
    liblzo.so -> liblzo.so.1.0.0
    liblzo.so.1 -> liblzo.so.1.0.0
    liblzo.so.1.0.0 -> /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo.so.1.0.0
    liblzo2.so.2.0.0 -> /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0

I created the missing links on liblzo2 with ln command :
    ln liblzo2.so.2.0.0 liblzo2.so.2
    ln liblzo2.so.2.0.0 liblzo2.so

and voila... IT WORKS NOW !

Just to help if someone else is facing that kind of error...

Charly
    I'm having the same error/problem and i'm running lzo_2.03-2. Tried to create the LN items and keep getting permission errors. Any ideas?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus279 View Post
    I'm having the same error/problem and i'm running lzo_2.03-2. Tried to create the LN items and keep getting permission errors. Any ideas?
    Hi Rufus,

1. Did you try the new package proposed by Rwhitby ?
    2. Did you first upgrade to root priviledge using the "su" command ?

I used the 2nd ...

Hope this helps,

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi Rufus,

1. Did you try the new package proposed by Rwhitby ?
    2. Did you first upgrade to root priviledge using the "su" command ?

I used the 2nd ...

Hope this helps,

Charly
    I figured out option 1 by doing the Quickinstall terminal and package update and install of lzo. I thought the DL of the package from preware would do the install, my bad.

I can now launch openvpn but now i'm working an issue with the tunnel. I get the same error for tun and tap:
    cannot ioctl tunsetiff tun: operation not permitted (errno=1)

Still looking into why this is happening.
    Unable to install this on 2.2.4
    hi i am quite noob abt this.

Okay, 1stly can I install OpenVPN or maybe PreVPNc on my HP Pre 3? (WebOS 2.2.4)
    If can,how I can install that OpenVPN? (*using WebOS quick install or how?)
    Then,what must I do?

sorry and thanks in advance
    I fixed the issue by simply creating the missing symlink in my Pre 2.2.4:

ln -s /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/mobi.optware.lzo/opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2.0.0 /opt/lib/liblzo2.so.2