Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Hi

I've been waiting for the messaging patch to be updated and bringing Facebook chat to the Pre 3 for quite some time now, and is starting to get a little impatient.

Is there any other way to do Facebook Chat on the Pre 3 till it is updated? I tried a few IM Apps, but none seemed to work with Facebook chat

Hope someone can help me
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    There use to be a patch for facebook chat dunno if it still works on the pre3 are at all ... give that a shot
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...hat-patch.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    There use to be a patch for facebook chat dunno if it still works on the pre3 are at all ... give that a shot
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...hat-patch.html
    that patch does not work, it was broken way before webos 2.0 came out, unfortunately the synergy messaging patches have yet to be updated to work with the touchpad or the pre3. i would really really love to see it updated.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    the last cpl pages seems some ppl got it working some how
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Try this -- little messy with all fb/msn/yahoo contacts being added into GTalk, but atleast it works:
    How To Add Facebook Chat To Google Chat/Google Talk | Technobuz
    I was able to add my Facebook friends to the Google chat. But I noticed it doesn't load my Google contacts in "Buddies". Only contacts from Skype can be seen.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    I was able to add my Facebook friends to the Google chat. But I noticed it doesn't load my Google contacts in "Buddies". Only contacts from Skype can be seen.
    1. Do the contacts show up in your gtalk app (pc or gmail)?

2. If yes, click on 'available' in messaging app on your phone. Even if its already set to available (usually it shows half green indicator), press it. This should work

3. If you still face problems, there is something on the forums about resetting the purple transport service

Hope it helps