Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kcer
  1.    #1  
    Due to a lot of unforeseen issues with WebOS account I had to use Impersonation process to change my AT&T Unlocked Pre 3 to impersonate the UK version. However I seem to have some issues with connecting to Rogers Wireless network at 3G speed. Everything else works, I can send txt mms sms etc, even data connection work, but I only get "E" or "G" and data connection speed is really slow). Even if I set the phone to connect 3G only it will get no bar signals at all and will simply not connect and can't even make phone calls.

I have contacted Rogers and verified that my settings are fine. I even bought a new SIM and installed it in the phone since my last SIM card was old. I tested the SIM in few other phones and they seem to get on 3G just fine.

I figured it might be an issue with the UK image or impersonation so I decided to try and impersonate it back to ATT and once I can make sure the 3G is working as it did with my other Pre 3 I can just use meta-doctoer again and get the vanilla patch.

The issue is that the impersonation will not work. No other doctor images seem to work than "pre3-p220manta-wr-2.2.0". if I try anything else such as "meta-att-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3" or "pre3-p233manta-att-2.2.3", the phone will reboot during the doctor at 4% and the software will stop at 8% and gives me the message that the image is not compatible with the phone.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I was under the impression that I could use impersonation process to move between the two impersonations?
    What you are doing wrong is not running the doctor on the command line so you can see and report the real errors.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What you are doing wrong is not running the doctor on the command line so you can see and report the real errors.

-- Rod
    I just did a quick run of the dr that's suppost do impersonate the EU to att in Windows 7.

I wish I could copy and paste from CMD in Windows, but I guess this is what it's saying:
    Code:
    INFO: WARNING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : att and carrierToken on the device is : row
    and the rest is some text that I have to try running and retrieving it in Linux and copy and paste if it's needed. This is where the entire process stops and then just reboots the phone.

one thing I don't get, I thought the UK image carrier Token is supposed to be "wr", where did this "row" come from? or is it actually correct when using the impersonation process?

I had issues with the phone before and had to do some repairs on it. I wonder if I did something wrong when doing the impersonation that cuased this in the first place? I'm thinking if I could fix carrier Token in the phone I can get my 3G back?
    Next thing you need to do is give a proper problem report, including everything you have done to that device since you got it (giving the exact command line or script that you used at each point).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameoffuture View Post
    Code:
    INFO: WARNING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : att and carrierToken on the device is : row
    You are trying to apply a doctor created for an AT&T device onto an ROW device. That will not work.

-- Rod
  6.    #6  
    Next thing you need to do is give a proper problem report, including everything you have done to that device since you got it (giving the exact command line or script that you used at each point).

-- Rod
    wow... that's kind of hard. Well, it's this phone: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3238177

Ok, it may sound like a stupid question, but is ROW device the same as UK "wr" device or are they different?
    wow... that's kind of hard. Well, it's this phone: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3238177

Ok, it may sound like a stupid question, but is ROW device the same as UK "wr" device or are they different?
    'ROW' is a token value, 'wr' is a carrier selection in Meta-Doctor. Both refer to the same thing.

-- Rod
  8.    #8  
    Ok, just to confirm I'm doing this right I'm trying to impersonate my ATT pre 3 that is running the UK rom back to ATT running ATT rom:
    Code:
     ali@ubuntu:~/Downloads/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3 
    DEVICE = pre3
    CARRIER = att
    VERSION = 2.2.3
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_XML = mantaray.xml
    CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK = HSTNH-F30CE
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK = ROW
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar

make: Nothing to be done for `unpack'.
    rm -rf build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3
    DEVICE = pre3
    CARRIER = att
    VERSION = 2.2.3
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor'
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar resources/att.tar )
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS
    tar -C build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS \
    		-f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp mantaray.xml build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/mantaray.xml
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier
    tar -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/att.tar -t \
    		> build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier \
    		-f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/att.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs
    tar -C build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/lib/ipkg/info
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt
    for package in com.palm.app.firstuse palmbuildinfo updatedaemon omadm uploadd contextupload rdxd ; do \
    	  if [ -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list ] ; then \
    	    cat build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | \
    		sed -e 's|^|.|' >> build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt ; \
    	  fi ; \
    	done
    		-f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar \
    		-x -T build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    touch build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.unpacked
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-2.2.3 ]
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/OmaDm
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/uploadd
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/contextupload
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/rdxd
    for package in com.palm.app.firstuse palmbuildinfo updatedaemon omadm uploadd contextupload rdxd  ; do \
    	  mv build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old ; \
    	  ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs ; \
    	    cat ./usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | sed -e 's|^|.|' | \
    	    xargs -I '{}' find '{}' -type f -prune -print | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    if [ -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    	  gunzip -c < build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    mv build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.old
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs ; find . -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.new
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    				     build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.new
    sed -i.orig -e '/ApprovalMikeHash/d' \
    		build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/recoverytool.config
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/recoverytool.config.orig
    echo "ApprovalMikeHash=`./scripts/encode-hash HSTNH-F30CE`" >> \
    sed -i.orig -e '/ApprovalCharlieHash/d' \
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/recoverytool.config.orig
    echo "ApprovalCharlieHash=`./scripts/encode-hash ROW`" >> \
    touch build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.patched
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.packed
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./boot ./lib/modules ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data )
    for package in com.palm.app.firstuse palmbuildinfo updatedaemon omadm uploadd contextupload rdxd  ; do \
    	  cat build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | \
    		sed -e 's|^|.|' >> build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt ; \
    	done
    	  gzip -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    		--delete -T build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    		./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    		tar -f ../webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar \
    			--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    			--append -T ../ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    			./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums* )
    gzip -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS ; \
    		tar -f ../resources/webOS.tar \
    			--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    			-c . )
    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    		build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    		zip -q -d webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.*  \
    		zip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF  \
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier ; \
    		tar -f ../resources/att.tar \
    			-c -T ../carrier-file-list.txt )
    		zip -q -d webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar resources/att.tar )
    		zip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar resources/att.tar )

Your custom doctor file has been created at build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar

touch build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.packed
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor'
    WebOS Dr CLI mode
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:24 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher <init>
    INFO: +++++MainFlasher
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:25 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:26 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 0
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:27 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:27 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:28 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:28 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:29 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:29 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:30 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:30 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: timed out looking for device
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:30 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    is this the correct thing to do so far?
    Ok, just to confirm I'm doing this right I'm trying to impersonate my ATT pre 3 that is running the UK rom back to ATT running ATT rom:
    Code:
     ali@ubuntu:~/Downloads/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3 
    DEVICE = pre3
    CARRIER = att
    VERSION = 2.2.3

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar

make: Nothing to be done for `unpack'.
    DEVICE = pre3
    CARRIER = att
    VERSION = 2.2.3
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor'
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar resources/att.tar )
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS
    tar -C build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS \
    		-f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp mantaray.xml build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/mantaray.xml
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier
    tar -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/att.tar -t \
    		> build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier \
    		-f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/resources/att.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs
    		-x ./usr/lib/ipkg/info
    for package in com.palm.app.firstuse palmbuildinfo updatedaemon omadm uploadd contextupload rdxd ; do \
    	  if [ -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list ] ; then \
    	  fi ; \
    	done
    		-x -T build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    touch build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.unpacked
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-2.2.3 ]
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/OmaDm
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/uploadd
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/contextupload
    chmod -x build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/bin/rdxd
    	  mv build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old ; \
    	    cat ./usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | sed -e 's|^|.|' | \
    	    xargs -I '{}' find '{}' -type f -prune -print | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    	  gunzip -c < build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    mv build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.old
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs ; find . -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.new
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    				     build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.old build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums.new
    sed -i.orig -e '/ApprovalMikeHash/d' \
    echo "ApprovalMikeHash=`./scripts/encode-hash HSTNH-F30CE`" >> \
    sed -i.orig -e '/ApprovalCharlieHash/d' \
    echo "ApprovalCharlieHash=`./scripts/encode-hash ROW`" >> \
    touch build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.patched
    rm -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.packed
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./boot ./lib/modules ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data )
    	done
    	  gzip -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    		--delete -T build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    		./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    		tar -f ../webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar \
    			--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    			--append -T ../ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    			./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums* )
    gzip -f build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS ; \
    		tar -f ../resources/webOS.tar \
    			-c . )
    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    		build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    		zip -q -d webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.*  \
    		zip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF  \
    ( cd build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/carrier ; \
    		tar -f ../resources/att.tar \
    			-c -T ../carrier-file-list.txt )
    		zip -q -d webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar resources/att.tar )
    		zip -q webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar resources/att.tar )

Your custom doctor file has been created at build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar

touch build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/.packed
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor'
    WebOS Dr CLI mode
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:24 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher <init>
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:25 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:26 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: timed out looking for device
    Nov 21, 2011 6:54:30 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher runnerFinished
    is this the correct thing to do so far?
    Yes. You've put the device in recovery mode before running that, right?

-- Rod
  10.    #10  
    Then I do this:

Code:
    ali@ubuntu:~/Downloads/meta-doctor/build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3$ java -jar webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar 
    Nov 21, 2011 6:59:57 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.ConfigFileMgr loadConfiguration
    INFO: baseBuild webOS.tar
    Nov 21, 2011 6:59:57 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.ConfigFileMgr loadConfiguration
    INFO: customizationBuild att.tar
    INFO: prevBaseBuild null
    INFO: prevCustomizationBuild null
    INFO: DeviceType: mantaray
    INFO: WcpSubmssion: 26
    INFO: ForceModemUpdate: true
    INFO: RomBuildNumber: 2207
    INFO: BaseBuild: webOS.tar
    INFO: RecoveryToolBuildNumber: 166
    INFO: AppSubmssion: 85
    INFO: RecoveryToolBuildTime: 09/22/11 23:25
    INFO: VersionStr: HP webOS 2.2.3
    INFO: ApprovalMikeHash: H4sIAGzkyk4AA+3RMQqDQBCF4a09xV5AmFl3xwNIZCubeAHLQCo199eQQitNIyHwf80r5hUPJt/7LpdtJc3NXUVWZvGdWifZ54dGp2oWkgVNa08lhei8XLZo5zXNw+i9G56Pw97Z/U/l7f/Fr7cAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL63AAiPBk8AKAAA
    INFO: CustomizationBuild: att.tar
    INFO: ApprovalBuildName: H4sIAPjDe04AA+3OPQuCUBjFcec+xR1rEe+b0hptQYNNjZd6CMGX0MyvnzkVtGrL/7ccOJzh3Lv4Hspq6OJLU0XzSEapc+/UmU/GNNaZZOon3kRapzbNnM6ysdfejJVKZvrzpe8eoVUqauVZyHANUjX1r53Ut6IWaYv6tsStpeRSSuhE7fqivKpjqETp2MZGrU/7w9b6Q37eWuf9ZvXvpwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACATy/Dbn5/ACgAAA==
    INFO: LibCoreSubmssion: 149
    INFO: ApprovalCharlieHash: H4sIAGzkyk4AA+3OMQrCMAAF0MyeIkdISpMeo9Clc0ehk7b3NwUHJ8WhiPDe8of/hz+Nczhbamrtj8xDSa/51Ieca+1K7XI5dkNpdUynP2v2+7bcYgzLen27+9T/qWmcL7/+AAAAAAAAAAAAwPceOK6YlAAoAAA=
    Nov 21, 2011 6:59:58 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController <init>
    INFO: +++++CardController
    Nov 21, 2011 6:59:58 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController <init>
    INFO: getLocale is : en_US
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:08 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr checkAndInstallDrivers
    INFO: Java Os Name: LINUX
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:08 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr checkAndInstallDrivers
    INFO: Java Os Arch: AMD64
    INFO: Java Os version: 3.0.0-12-generic
    INFO: java version: 1.6.0_23
    INFO: java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre
    INFO: java tmp dir: /tmp
    INFO: java vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
    INFO: java vm version: 20.0-b11
    INFO: java vm vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
    INFO: user lang: null
    INFO: -----checkAndInstallDrivers
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:11 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:11 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:11 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:12 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.BatteryCharger startJob
    INFO: Started:Battery Charger Stage
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:13 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher <init>
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:14 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:14 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:14 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher runnerFinished
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:15 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: Start time 1321920015166
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:15 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: looking for /resources/webOS.tar
    INFO: com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher is loaded from: file:/home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor/build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar
    INFO: jarFile path is: /home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor/build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar
    INFO: full path of the baseBuild file outside jar is: /home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor/build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/webOS.tar
    INFO: full path of the customizationBuild file outside jar is: /home/ali/Downloads/meta-doctor/build/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.3/att.tar
    INFO: found resource in jar
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: Base build file found inside jar and loaded sucessfully
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: Customization build file found inside jar and loaded sucessfully
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.BatteryCharger endJob
    INFO: Battery Charging Done
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Starting: Battery Charger Stage

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Battery Charger Stage

INFO: Found DeviceType match for : mantaray

INFO: device believed to be in bootloader, will load ramdisk

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Starting: Loading Ramdisk

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: count is 14225685

INFO: update Loading Ramdisk 20

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 14225685

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 14160149

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 13898005

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 13635861

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 13308181

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 13046037

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:19 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 12783893

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:19 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 12456213

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 12194069

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 11931925

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 11604245

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 11342101

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 11079957

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 10752277

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 10490133

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 10227989

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 9900309

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 9638165

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 9376021

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 9048341

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 8786197

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 8524053

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 8196373

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 7934229

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 7672085

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 7344405

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 7082261

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 6820117

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 6492437

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 6230293

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 5968149

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:24 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 5640469

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:24 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 5378325

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 5116181

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 4788501

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 4526357

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:25 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 4264213

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:25 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 3936533

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 3674389

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 3412245

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 3084565

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:26 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 2822421

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:26 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 2560277

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 2232597

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 1970453

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:27 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 1642773

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:27 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 1380629

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 1118485

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 790805

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 528661

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 266517

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:28 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:28 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: update Loading Ramdisk 50

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:46 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:46 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

INFO: WARNING - carrier list returned is empty, unless not checking for carrier in the case of NDI

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

INFO: WARNING - the device carrier token is :: row, should have been EMPTY

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:53 PM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream logWarning
    WARNING: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

Nov 21, 2011 7:00:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure 
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:296)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1321920053540
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    Nov 21, 2011 7:00:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:296)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

What I'm wondering now is that how can I change the carrier token from ROW to Empty or att or whatever?
    You're using an old version of the Meta-Doctor. Use the latest version.

-- Rod
  12.    #12  
    Ok, I got a solution for my connection issues:

Since I can't impersonate the device back to ATT I just tried something else. I used the meta-wr-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3 and it did doctor my device!

guess what... I have 3G signal now!!!! and even in my cave (in the basement where all my servers and computers are) it's getting 722kbps download where I only have one or two bar signal, and upload and ping are fixed too.

I'll test the GPS tomorrow morning with this rom, right now I'm just getting some sleep...
  13.    #13  
    You're using an old version of the Meta-Doctor. Use the latest version.

-- Rod
    Aah... crap... lol... I hope that's all the issues I'm having
    I deleted the entire folder and run "git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git"

is that how that's done? How can I tell what version of meta-doctor I have?
    Last edited by gameoffuture; 11/21/2011 at 10:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    You just have to do a "git pull" to get the latest version of the scripts and stuff.
  15.    #15  
    Can you please tell me how the git pull command works? What should I type exactly to get it going?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  16.    #16  
    ok, so the 3G signal still is not working right. Most of the times it has no signal at all. The phone sticks to 2G as if it is a 2G phone. GPS is also still broken.

once i get a chance I have to try and impersonate the phone back to ATT since the UK version seems to be bad with Rogers.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Navigate to the metadoctor folder and then do a "git pull" command. I did it both ways to resolve my profile issues (as well as the version 9.9.9 issue). Works like a charm now
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcurse View Post
    Navigate to the metadoctor folder and then do a "git pull" command. I did it both ways to resolve my profile issues (as well as the version 9.9.9 issue). Works like a charm now
    Thanks. Tried that immediately and it worked. It's Doctoring my device

I guess all it needed was an update? Thank you.
    I got a Pre3 ATT unlocked. I impersonate it to WR using ./scripts/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.4.
    Everything works except it is not possible to get 3G connection only E (edge) one.
    I webdoctor it with last offcial ROM version 2.2.4 webosdoctorp224manta-wr-2.2.4.

I tried till I decide to come back to an ATT using ./scripts/meta-att-pre3-impersonate-wr-2.2.4 to revert, then I doctored it with officla ROM ATT version 2.2.4 webosdoctorp224mantaatt: 3G still does work

I re doctor it with official ROM ATT version 2.2.3 webosdoctorp223mantaatt and then 3G connexion went back!

I tested for 1 day till i get a proposal to update to 2.2.4. I did it and then, surprise, 3G connexion remains active and working.

A mystery!
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcer View Post
    I got a Pre3 ATT unlocked. I impersonate it to WR using ./scripts/meta-wr-pre3-impersonate-att-2.2.4.
    Everything works except it is not possible to get 3G connection only E (edge) one.
    I webdoctor it with last offcial ROM version 2.2.4 webosdoctorp224manta-wr-2.2.4.

I tried till I decide to come back to an ATT using ./scripts/meta-att-pre3-impersonate-wr-2.2.4 to revert, then I doctored it with officla ROM ATT version 2.2.4 webosdoctorp224mantaatt: 3G still does work

I re doctor it with official ROM ATT version 2.2.3 webosdoctorp223mantaatt and then 3G connexion went back!

I tested for 1 day till i get a proposal to update to 2.2.4. I did it and then, surprise, 3G connexion remains active and working.

A mystery!
    The only thing I can imagine is that the AT&T version has a different modem firmware that allows proper 3G speeds on your network, where the WR one doesn't. It is possible though to run the WR version (less AT&T and other branding) and manually force a modem firmware update from the AT&T doctor. That should work fine in general. While testing a useless VZW Pre 3 here in GSM land I managed to FORCE a modem firmware flash from AT&T or WR onto the VZW Pre 3

I can dig up the instructions for you if needed. It's quite straightforward.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2