Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    This guy has 9 original HP batteries for the Pre3, new, unused, $55 each:

HP Pre 3 SMARTPHONE VERIZON AT&T 3G 4G BLACK 16GB | eBay
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    That seller has been selling those batteries for around a month. I bought one from that seller's auction and have used it for a month with no problems. The battery is genuine HP branded and has the same exact capacity of the ones that come shipped in the Pre 3. The price is a bit expensive but until Mugen releases their version, there's not much choice to buy from.
    and you can bet that the Mugen battery will be pricey too !! at least 85 or so but it will be an 1800 as well . tomato, tomoto lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yes getting a little scary, having the worlds best phone, (and I dont say that lightly) and the battery dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    Yes getting a little scary, having the worlds best phone, (and I dont say that lightly) and the battery dies.
    Mugen battery will be out by end of year, and XL in January.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    For the non believers (like me ;-), stmnt from mugen on twitter:
    Twitter
    [QUOTE=OldSkoolVWLover;3248927]Mugen battery will be out by end of year, and XL in

VW........how do you remove HP logos?

Thanks in advance!

PS love VW too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by s1241sm View Post
    VW........how do you remove HP logos?

Thanks in advance!

PS love VW too!!!
    LOL.... it's tongue in cheek, haven't messed with any of my HP branded devices yet. All our TP's have the HP case (mine has the zombie penguin sticker over the HP logo though so I can tell it apart without have to turn on screen).

I have thought of printing some Palm stickers and slapping em over the HP logos, but haven't been up to wasting time and money. Couldn't see putting a sticker on my Pre3 and the wife has a Pre2 which still carries the Palm branding. Veers just sit around waiting for the day I need a small phone to carry.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Bumping the thread as I just came across this posting:
    HP PRE3 Original Battery New | eBay

$40 + $3 s/h, fresh out of SF, and looks to be original HPalm stock if photo is believed. Probably not the first time they've been posted, but given the issues with the Mugens, these are priced about right.

Edit: And actually, check out the seller's history (arco888). They're selling off a mountain of webOS product. Hmm. Ahhh! It's the Touchstone 2 person. They still have one for $275.
    Last edited by ananimus; 11/03/2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Still can't find these listed in the UK. This guy probably won't post to the UK.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    You could just order one direct from Mugen. They deliver 'high capacity' to the UK.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah, but see the end of this thread about serious woes for the Mugen Pre 3 1400 mAh battery:
    Mugen Battery received

Plus this issue they had when the flash would go off:
    New "Feature", camera flash crashes phone

I'm not convinced they've actually remedied these issues, so I'd just as soon hunt for stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Yeah, but see the end of this thread about serious woes for the Mugen Pre 3 1400 mAh battery:
    Mugen Battery received

Plus this issue they had when the flash would go off:
    New "Feature", camera flash crashes phone

I'm not convinced they've actually remedied these issues, so I'd just as soon hunt for stock.
    This. My battery does okay, but I'd like a spare.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I ordered one from Mugen last week. I won't order from that greedy guy on eBay. He has been raising the price from $25 to $35 and then $40 last week. Also, those batteries would be 2 years old. I'll report how the Mugen works; the previous negative reviews seemed to have been on an earlier production batch... Fingers crossed...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ananimus,

I got a Mugen when they first surfaced and yes, I had to send back a faulty one, but the replacement has been excellent. I still have my original battery too as a spare, but I've never needed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    ananimus,

I got a Mugen when they first surfaced and yes, I had to send back a faulty one, but the replacement has been excellent. I still have my original battery too as a spare, but I've never needed it.
    Thanks for that update.
    For those keeping track: Mugen Battery received

Quote Originally Posted by nideiki
    I bought a battery from cellphoneshop.net for 10.99 for my Pre 3. I have been using it for a over a week now and it hold power for the day. It is reported as 1218 mAh and I found that it is an excellent replacement and extension for my old battery.

This is a direct link for the battery:

Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
    Holy smoke! Thanks for posting that in this thread or I might have missed it. The link is for the Canada store, and I wasn't sure I could get one or not, but the US store was out of stock on them, so I went for it. It let me have the free shipping and pay with Paypal.. We will see what happens!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/05/2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Oh, ha! I didn't even realize I had ordered it from the Canada Shop myself. Hopefully that free shipping holds up over the border, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Oh, ha! I didn't even realize I had ordered it from the Canada Shop myself. Hopefully that free shipping holds up over the border, eh?
    Yeah hope so, eh.. Will keep an eye on my PayPal acct.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast