Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    I bought one too, thanks for link.
    Took mine with on a trip to see Dad for Thanksgiving. Usual weirdness at first, but now for the last couple days it's been great. Off charger before 8 am, 50% left at 10 pm after a day of moderate use. So yeah, thinks it's all good (if you don't get a dud ).
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Took mine with on a trip to see Dad for Thanksgiving. Usual weirdness at first, but now for the last couple days it's been great. Off charger before 8 am, 50% left at 10 pm after a day of moderate use. So yeah, thinks it's all good (if you don't get a dud ).
    Rub it in why don't ya..
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Many thanks for the link!
    Now I also ordered some batteries for my 3 Pre3 's. I placed the order on the canadian shop and hope for shipment to Germany.
    FYI - I received my 3 Pre3 batteries from HongKong. All were in good shape (70% filled) and I had no issue charging them.
    I needed to go to the German customs to pick them up - because there was no invoice attached outside to the package.
    So I had to pay the additional 19% VAT.

I'm glad to have these extra batteries now. They are labeled as: PRE3 replacement batteries.

--
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $the$ $Dr$ $Battery$ $is$ $not$ $configured$ $for$ $use$ $with$ $Pre3$ $and$ $the$ $Health$ $score$ $is$ $not$ $adjusted$ $for$ $Pre3$.
    So I wonder want relevant figure can I read in Dr Battery on a Pre3 ?
    ananimus likes this.
    Dr. Battery can't calibrate the battery health reading on Veer & Pre3 devices since HP changed something hardware wise. That can lead to batteries reporting wrong charging levels (not only in Dr. Battery but in device menu aswell). My original battery for instance has a <70% health reading, but once it is down to 0% it is good for another 4-5 hours of average use. There are reports of relatively new batteries suddenly dropping to a 50% health reading even.
    On a Pre+/- (and 2?) you could make Dr. Battery recalibrate the chip in the battery so you would get correct values again. If I remember correctly, someone even recalibrated a Veer battery by charging it with a Pre (don't try this at home!). Must be somewhere here on the board.
    That being said, Dr. Battery is still a great tool to read batteries values.
    My replacement battery arrived today and it appears too be a good one. Phone booted fine and battery was at 74% charged, which is probably just over storage level (I didn't note the voltage, only the %). This one appears to have shipped from the US.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    My replacement battery arrived today and it appears too be a good one. Phone booted fine and battery was at 74% charged, which is probably just over storage level (I didn't note the voltage, only the %). This one appears to have shipped from the US.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Bought two today & I'll let you know when it arrives.
    Grats, Matt! Good to hear the replacements are no big deal.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi all,

BTW guys, if you have a dead HP Pre 3 Battery, you could buy a HTC HD2 battery and salvage it into the Pre 3 battery case. I already did that with a GPS that I own and it worked fine. The HD2 has the same lithium cells as the Pre 3 battery. For now, I am enjoying my Cellphoneunlock battery and I always have a spare.

I have a question and hope you can answer. My Pre 3 is in very rough and terrible shape, it needs a battery cover and frame and the screen is terribly scratched (I bought it in this shape ) . I was thinking of buying a new Verizon Pre 3, then salvage mine into the frame of the Verizon one, is this possible? I choose verizon because it is much cheaper than the UK and ATT models.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    And both work fine.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I'm glad to hear about your experiences. I got a "new old stock" Pre3 from the UK about 6 months ago, but its battery only gives me 3 hours or so. I've got Touchstones dotted around the place at home and at work - including in my car - so it's not really a problem now. I bought one of the 1400mAh batteries and put it in the fridge for when the HP one dies. What will that look like? Does it just collapse suddenly, or does the charge time just dwindle away? I'd like to send the original back to the UK company/man-with-a-shed but I don't see how that will let me keep my account and get a longer lived battery now that they're all 3 years from manufacture.
    In my experience, it's a slow death mostly. It manifests in two ways with the Pre 3:

1) Yeah, the amount of charge it holds dwindles away. Some of this isn't real, the battery just loses track of what "zero" is. There's memory of battery life in the controller for the battery. So it still helps sometimes to try and completely drain and recharge. This only resets what the battery considers "zero," however, so it doesn't report an almost dead battery too early. The actual capacity still decays with use though.

2) There's a really weird thing, too. It seems to happen more frequently as the Pre 3 batteries die. It's part of why I replaced my old one, and my newer one also did it once this past week: The phone suddenly gets totally locked up. You can't even do soft reset. Upon doing a battery pull you get a low battery symbol and have to plug it in. It's like some weird instant-death. Then you recharge for several hours and it's all fine again.

Like I said, I believe this happens more frequently as the battery ages, and it's easy to mistake as the phone being messed up. But once I got a replacement battery it stopped.

Finally, I'm wary of the Touchstone. The battery seems to be more well-behaved and long-lived when I use the Touchstones less often. So now I only use my office Touchstone and do wired charging at home.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123