Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Actually, I noticed
    1) It was $10.99 CAN ($10.55 USD).
    2) Billing line ended with "HK". So could be coming in from Hong Kong, yeah?
    Didn't notice anything about HK. Could be drop shipping I guess. Where was it shown? There were 4 or 5 different countries in the site list, but I only paid attention to two of them - US and CA. Oh and mine was 10.79 USD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Didn't notice anything about HK. Could be drop shipping I guess. Where was it shown? There were 4 or 5 different countries in the site list, but I only paid attention to two of them - US and CA. Oh and mine was 10.79 USD.
    The HK showed at the end of the line on my banking account.

And wow, exchange rates move fast.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a battery cover for my Pre 3 for a while now. Please if you know of anyone who has a pre 3 for parts and willing to sell the back cover, let me know.

I cannot stop using my pre 3 even though I have a RAZR MAXX and Nexus 4 and this Friday the Nexus 5!

I should see a psychologist

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    For those keeping track:
    Quote Originally Posted by nideiki View Post
    I bought a battery from cellphoneshop.net for 10.99 for my Pre 3. I have been using it for a over a week now and it hold power for the day. It is reported as 1218 mAh and I found that it is an excellent replacement and extension for my old battery.

This is a direct link for the battery:

Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3
    Many thanks for the link!

A bit of feedback as I ordered and received my batteries. I placed an order on the canadian shop from germany (their german shop interestingly reports the same item as 'out of stock'). Order placed Nov, 7th; payment using Paypal. Items received Nov, 15th. Looks like they were indeed shipped from HK.

Build quality from the outside appears to be similar to the original HP battery and dimensions are accurate. Both batteries I received arrived with about 75% charge remaining of - according to Dr.Battery - a manufacturer rating of 1218 mAh. After their first discharge I got them both to 1192 mAh before the charging cycle stopped. So just ~1% shy of the 1200/1218mAh rating. Good enough considering the price. How well the batteries work over a number of charging cycles one will have to see, but I'm very pleased with the purchase so far.

Only issue: I ordered three Pre3 batteries (for me & family), unfortunately received only two of those and one for a "9900/9860/9930" (Blackberry, I assume). :/ Going to write them a mail now, will report back.
    I'd forgotten about ordering this. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but if it is coming from HK, that doesn't surprise me.
    Many thanks for the link!
    Now I also ordered some batteries for my 3 Pre3 's. I placed the order on the canadian shop and hope for shipment to Germany.
    I'd forgotten about ordering this. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but if it is coming from HK, that doesn't surprise me.
    Same here and same here.
    Thanks for the link. I also ordered one for my Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Got my Mugen 1400mAh today (approx. 3 weeks after ordering). Currently charging; will start using/testing tomorrow and report...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Dadgumit, my battery finally arrived (from HK) today, seeming to be uncharged. When I plug it in to charge, I get the big ? instead of the charging/dead battery symbol. Think I got a dud.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Got my Mugen 1400mAh today (approx. 3 weeks after ordering). Currently charging; will start using/testing tomorrow and report...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My new Mugen has now been through four 10+ hour charge/discharge cycles and I have not had any issues: I have tested it with the camera flash and the battery delivers enough amperage (i.e. no device loss of power and reset as reported by some users of the early production batches).

Dr. Battery reads the battery info at the rated 1400mAh and at 100% health. However, the charge level reported by Dr. Battery is approximately 1 or 2% less than that reported by the on-board level.

If the calibration is reasonable accurate, I have estimated a higher remaining charge at the end of the day but more real-world usage is required for a better report.

PS
    I also purchased a Mugen replacement for my HTC Desire, calibrated with the Mugen Android App and have also had no issues to date with it.

If the performance lasts, I will get another for my backup Pre3 in the future...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    ananimus and Rnp like this.
    Dadgumit, my battery finally arrived (from HK) today, seeming to be uncharged. When I plug it in to charge, I get the big ? instead of the charging/dead battery symbol. Think I got a dud.
    I also received my 1200 mAh knock-off today.

Popped it in and it's 76% charged (72% according to Dr. Battery). Health check reports 1218/1218 mAh (100%) peak capacity. Compare to the HP battery, poached from my recent Pre 3 replacement purchase, which I believe reported 1170/1206 (97%) just before I swapped.

So yeah... if you can't trick it into starting you might have a dud.

Good to hear the Mugens are working too. But the Mugens still ain't $10!
    Glad to hear yours is working. I'll give it another shot, but I don't think it's gonna work. Is your new battery wrapped in a generic-looking white label? Thought it was kind of strange that they'd print a white label and wrap it around a battery.
    Glad to hear yours is working. I'll give it another shot, but I don't think it's gonna work. Is your new battery wrapped in a generic-looking white label? Thought it was kind of strange that they'd print a white label and wrap it around a battery.
    Well HP wrapped a black label around their battery, does it really make a difference?

And about the faulty battery - I'd send them a mail first. When I complained about receiving a Blackberry battery instead of the ordered Pre3 battery I got an immediate reply the next morning. They promised a new and free delivery and didn't ask for the wrong battery to be sent back.
    Well, I suppose it does look like the one in their picture. I sent a support request in, hopefully they'll get back to me right away.
    Of course they replied with the standard 'did you charge the battery for 12 hours before using it?' question. I expected this really, as they need to rule out user error before offering a replacement product. I left it on the charger all day, periodically unplugging it momentarily to confirm nothing had changed. I'll reply tonight with that info and hope it's enough.

Edit: cleaned up a bit
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/27/2013 at 12:39 AM.
    They did reply right away to my last email and offer to replace it or give me store credit. It does sound like they will want me to return this one - I hope I can find the package - it seemed to disappear immediately.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/27/2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Got both knockoffs for our two Pre3's today - had 75% charge, 100% health (Dr. Battery). Took so long I thought it was a lost cause. We've got two spares - Thanks Ananimus for the tip.
    Good news. Got a reply a while ago saying they would send out a new battery and I don't have to return the bad one. Target practice?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast