1.    #1  
    Anybody else having issues with Messaging getting slow once you have more than a few hundred SMS sent to a few contacts?

Does 2.2+ use db8 or SQLite?
    yes you really need to delete messaging once they get kinda long and restart over . it using a lot of the ram and slows down the messaging app , once you delete some of the messages it speeds back up .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I miss the standard Treo/Centro method of automatically archiving older messages.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes you really need to delete messaging once they get kinda long and restart over . it using a lot of the ram and slows down the messaging app , once you delete some of the messages it speeds back up .
    Seems to be related to database r/w, RAM usage is relatively low. I wonder if the entries can be cleaned and compressed, or if it's related to shoddy code in Messaging.

Anyways, thanks for confirming that it's not a bad patch.
    I haven't come across this problem, and I text A LOT.

I do have the problem where sending or receiving a message while playing audio makes the audio choppy for a good 15 to 30 seconds... This is specific to Pre3/2.2.3... never had this problem on Veer or Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I haven't come across this problem, and I text A LOT.
    Try getting one of your most-texted contacts and just noting how long it takes from clicking on their messaging thread to the list of messages showing.

Then delete that thread (if you don't mind losing their messages) and start texting them again - once you have a short 'thread' repeat the time test and you'll notice a vast difference.

With my Pre3, it takes about 2 seconds to open the thread if it contains months worth of texts, but less than a second if I'm starting fresh.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I got a slight delay (loading my conversation with my wife), but nothing huge.

I think the main reason I don't notice this is I usually load my SMS either from a sent message, or using just type. So I am going straight to the conversation, by typing "Wife" then hitting the SMS icon next to her cell number.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yes im using the timestamps patch lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes im using the timestamps patch lol
    I've removed Timestamps Clean as well as Advanced New Card per Convo, replacing them with Advanced System Behavior, and it seems to have helped a bit.

The only lag I'm having is when sending the message, before it appears in the listView, there is a delay.
    I didn't have timestamp clean or new card per convo.

I have always been using sconix patches (advanced messaging, system behavior, etc)