1.    #1  
    I have been a loyal Palm user for over a decade. I am still using a Palm Treo 755P and I still love it. I recently purchased a Palm Pre 3. I have over a decade of data stored in the Palm Desktop that I hotsync daily with my Treo 755P.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to move all that data on my Palm Desktop to my new Palm Pre 3? Most importantly, I need to move my Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Memos. I tried using CompanionLink and it worked, but I find that when I go into my Calendar, there is a 10 second lag for my agenda to appear (i.e.) my appointments for the day. The Calendar OPENS right away, but is blank for about 10 seconds and then everything shows up.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have only noticed this when i sync with google,

Is you pre3 set to auto sync?
    Maybe it syncs as soon as you fire up calendar
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Chukr2-

I have done (almost) exactly what you're asking about.
    I too went from a Treo 755P but to a Pre Plus and then to a Pre 2, and have JUST won an Ebay auction for a Pre 3 on Verizon.
    When I made the transition from the Treo to the Pre Plus, I downloaded the app for Chupura Echo to the Pre as well as from Chapura's website to my computer. This allows Palm Desktop to communicate through a wireless network to your Pre.
    The pictures will not transfer over, so make sure they're copied onto an SD card on your Treo so you can upload them to your computer for backup.
    There WILL be some things that you will lose such as memos (and possibly something else, I forget), but for me the most important things were contacts. Every single one moved over.

When I bought the Pre 2, I had to delete the Chupura Echo app from the phone AND the computer so that I could replace it with the new version for WebOS2. I'm ASSUMING that I'll be able to use this for the Pre 3 when I attempt to activate it sometime this weekend.

Good luck with this and please let me know how it worked out for you.

Jeff
    Chuckr2-

I forgot to mention that all appointments and calender records transferred over as well.
    Sorry for the mispelling, "Chapura" is the correct way to spell it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post
    Chuckr2-

I forgot to mention that all appointments and calender records transferred over as well.
    Sorry for the mispelling, "Chapura" is the correct way to spell it.
    ILOOPTHEM - thanks for the feedback. My "computer guy" is coming tomorrow and we are going to try the Echo program from Chapura. Congratulations on winning the Pre 3 on eBay. I'm glad there is someone out there like me who went from a Treo 755P to the Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I have only noticed this when i sync with google,

Is you pre3 set to auto sync?
    Maybe it syncs as soon as you fire up calendar
    trott3r - good point! My computer guy is coming tommorrow and I will ask him if my calendar is set-up for Auto sync. Thanks for the diagnosis!