Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I migrated from a pre- to pre 3 and noticed the original YouTube app came along for the ride. Do I even need this? Should I just uninstall? Is there a way to keep it from popping up without uninstalling it?
    There is nothing I miss about the old app.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    I lost the pre instaled app on my unlocked AT&T pre 3 when I procceed to full erase cause of problems.
    All other apps including AT&T remained except youtube.

I installed the mini free youtube app but I can't log in my account.

any idea?
    The YouTube app that comes with the AT&T Pre3 4G seems to be more of a re-direction to YouTube's mobile site than an app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I took the Youtube app from the the veer doctor and added the lines in the index file to make it fit the screen. I don't like the way the new youtube app just redirects to the mobile version of youtube (like pecuevasb said) and then opens a new card in order to play the video.
    so does the veer version open another card for the video itself or does it play in the app itself?
    Whatever you do, DO NOT try to install the original youtube app on your Pre3, it will brick it.

You need the full Youtube Mini app to login to your account.

It works great on the Pre3 though, well worth the price.
    k, thanks for the info, just a bit annoyed at how it doesnt stay within browser when viewing like embedded ones do
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    so does the veer version open another card for the video itself or does it play in the app itself?
    It opens up within the veer youtube app itself and plays perfectly.

I didn't install it like rmausser said because I never found an ipkg. I replaced the contents of the folder /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/ with the corresponding files in the veer doctor, and rebooted. The old youtube app icon showed up on my home launcher alongside the stock pre3 one. (which also still works btw)