Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    So I bought the vzw Pre 3 with the audio dock touchstone on ebay. I now have the Pre 3 activated, and am loving it (especially having it paired with my touchpad). So far, however, I haven't figured out how the audio dock works. Does anyone have any ideas?

I will say that this touchstone works MUCH better for the Pre 3 over the old Pre touchstone. It fits EXTREMELY well, and looks really nice.

One other thing I like is that the pre3 and touchpad remain paired even when using the Bluetooth keyboard on the touchpad. I just got a text message on my touchpad while typing this on the keyboard. Now I just have to figure out how to pair that audio jack on the touchstone....
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    Oh, and in case you guys were wondering, the touchstone does have a nice HP branding on the bottom along with a "not for resale" tag.
    Let's see some awesome pics.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Good Questions. Is the audio transferred through bluetooth or through the coils? When you turn on bluetooth on the phone and search for devices does the TouchStone appear?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Good Questions. Is the audio transferred through bluetooth or through the coils? When you turn on bluetooth on the phone and search for devices does the TouchStone appear?
    if I had to guess, I'd say the audio touchpad acts like a Bluetooth speaker
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    copasetic likes this.
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    Here you go:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul_D, fed5, Kimboo and 20 others like this.
    I definitely would have purchased this if it were available, but I think I like the slimness of the old TouchStone.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    According to the FCC posting, it is utilizing the 6mhz band.
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    Got it working. I had to have my speakers ON before it would pair. It shows up as "bluetunes ROM"
    JED-WEB-OS and Ziplock like this.
    Curse you Leo Apothe****er!
    bluetunes? Not bad!

I think its good to note - just in case these become available - that removing the HP logo will NOT deface the device. On the pre 3, they should have placed it under the back cover.
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    BTW, the part number is on the last pic...
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    This forum really needs an "Envy"-button :P
    I like the way it presents the screen more than the puck one does.
    copasetic likes this.
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard95 View Post
    I like the way it presents the screen more than the puck one does.
    It is quite nice how it holds it - the Pre 3 really doesn't seem to like the pucks. The other thing I have noticed is that it charges much faster. I am starting to wonder if old touchstones may be contributing to battery issues.
    If it is over bluetooth, does that mean this works with legacy devices or does it use special coils too?
    I haven't been a webOS user very long, but I love it a lot.

My phone history:
    Some Samsung camera flip phone -> Sanyo Katana II -> Verizon Wireless Blitz -> Samsung Solstice -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> iPhone 3GS

Follow me on Twitter @stevenchin64
    so.. what exactly does that thing do?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    This is a holy artifact in web os history. May you forever value it.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    god damn I want one.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nice catch: I want one too!!!!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast