Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    could you provide the model number for this audiovox adapter you speak of? If it's good i might consider getting one. I could use one of those.
    arwh1
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I was poking around inside the music app on the touchpad, last night, and I noticed that there were a few hooks for exhibition mode usage of it, looks like it was never completed.
    There are several app with pieces of exhibition in them.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    There are several app with pieces of exhibition in them.
    oh? what other ones? i've not really dug through all of them.. but i am workign on an audio app, and it will probably have exhibition mode .. curious what other ideas might've been in progress..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    oh? what other ones? i've not really dug through all of them.. but i am workign on an audio app, and it will probably have exhibition mode .. curious what other ideas might've been in progress..
    I forget exactly which ones. I was doing linux CL "find".
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    the pre 3 remains connected to my touchpad while still transmitting music to the Touchstone. In fact, I am on a call on my touchpad via my pre 3 while typing this on my bluetooth keyboard and still streaming music!

seeing this really makes me wonder who HP hires for marketing. Imagine if HP had kept their mouth shut and held off on the veer and touchpad till the WebOS ecosystem could be shown off as a whole. A commercial showning the use of WebOS as described above would have been awesome. To compete with apple they really needed something like this. Don't get me wrong, I love my veer but there was no way that the veer by itself was going to win over the masses. Its really a shame all this wasn't pursued.
    Last edited by Xethur; 11/26/2011 at 10:03 PM.
    Yeah, having boxers and actors making it look like the thing had an awesome front facing camera was some seriously crap advertising.

Reminds me a lot of the IBM Nuns.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Again, @##)(*&@$ Then again if I had it I'd prolly gloat too, lol
    I. Just. Need. One.!.!.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    I have found the perfect place to hide the audio-dock while I am away:

ThinkGeek :: Minecraft USB Desktop Nether Portal

If you have one of these too, we can share....
    All:

The Dock (sorry, "bluetunes ROM") uses bluetooth to transfer the audio. The only thing that the proprietary comm system is used for is to initiate the pairing. You should be able to pair any bluetooth A2DP device to the dock _if_ you put the dock in discovery mode: with the audio cable plugged in, disconnect & reconnect the USB power cord. I think the dock stays in discovery mode for only a few seconds. (The reason that the Pre3 can pair later is the code that gets kicked off by the a6-a6 comm session between the dock & phone)

The big trick with this dock is that it _only_ works as an audio dock if the audio cable is plugged in at powerup.

As for it charging quicker that is a surprise - not by design, but you may end up with somewhat better coupling between the dock's power coil and the phone's coil than with the original TouchStone.

edc
    newly converted Open Source engineer...
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chejlava View Post
    newly converted Open Source engineer...
    Hope that is good news for you, I know I am happy.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Well, it is certainly far better than "see your HR rep for your package". There's a lot of pessimism around here - I'm not sure what the real issues are, but a lot of people are not as hopeful about this as I am (and I am usually quite a grinch!)

edc
    Isandunk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Curse you Leo Apothe****er!
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard95 View Post
    I like the way it presents the screen more than the puck one does.
    Yes, the angle and clearance seem FAR better for specific uses (like one's car). I wonder, does the pre-pre3 fit at all, with the increased back size of the P3??
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    While I'm sure I would have bought one of these, the functionality sounds very similar to a regular Touchstone +Blackberry audio gateway. I used this setup almost everyday in my office for 2 years.
    I'm using this set up but I get grainy music with my Pre 3. any tricks?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Hmm.. I never had any issues with my Pre-. I also only listened to music using a small desktop speaker. It would have been a little harder to hear audio quality problems, but it was never grainy. In fact, I'm still using the same setup today with my Nexus S. I just miss the Touchstone...
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Are you going through the built in speaker of through another device? If you are connecting through the headphone jack, just make sure it is plugged all the way in. If you connect to multiple devices and having audio problems, you may have a driver issue. My audio is quite good through headphone jack, touchstone, or direct connected to speakers. Built in speaker is clear for what it is.

Just an update on the touchstone with audio out. Now that I have two touchpads sitting around I'm using them more for music than the pre3, so not using the audio out much. The biggest advantage over a puck style touchstone is that it fits the Pre3 MUCH better. I take my puck (TS) with me when I travel (no way I am letting the audio out one out of my house) and it is no where near as stable as the TSA (my new abbreviation for this thing). The other great thing is the angle the TSA holds the Pre3 is a GREAT improvement over the Pre3 on the TS. There is definitley a reason for the shape since the Pre3 is slimmer and longer.

In short, I can tell without a doubt to those that questioned the shape of the TSA in previous posts that the shape is definitely an improvement for fit and hold angle for the pre3 over the original TS. After much testing, I do believe that the faster charge is a result of the improved fit.

I will post some pics that show the difference later this week now that I have an extra Pre3.
    DROOL!!!! Thiink I just shorted out my laptop keybaord...DOH!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    If only I could get the Pre 3 Touchstone with audio out...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    It is quite nice how it holds it - the Pre 3 really doesn't seem to like the pucks. The other thing I have noticed is that it charges much faster. I am starting to wonder if old touchstones may be contributing to battery issues.
    While some insist TS charging is faster, I have never found this to be the case. Documentation supports this. More room for coils would suggest more current flow...
    I had a Verizon boxed TS that seemed to contribute to battery issues but no real facts. The odd thing is that people repeatedly posted that the Palm boxed TS was much more reliable, which is strange cause they look identi al even down to the numbering.
    CanadianWarLord likes this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast