Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    While I'm sure I would have bought one of these, the functionality sounds very similar to a regular Touchstone +Blackberry audio gateway. I used this setup almost everyday in my office for 2 years.
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    While I'm sure I would have bought one of these, the functionality sounds very similar to a regular Touchstone +Blackberry audio gateway. I used this setup almost everyday in my office for 2 years.
    True, but I think the concept (if developed further and not thrown in the trash) would have worked more like the TP TS. That you could set it to auto launch an app (location aware), etc. The software obviously won't be developed to be optimized for this accessory any more so we will never know what could have been.

From the OP's description HP had some tricks up their sleeve with their BT profiles. BT on phone playing music and taking a call through TP... TP taking call and allowing typing with BT keyboard. (all at the same time)

With this accessory and the amount of what appears to be webOS specific BT programming, it just adds more possibilities. Thinking auto launch and play/resume of slacker/pandora/podcast/video/music player remix/etc. Could have incorporated exhibition, alarm function, etc. So many possibilities
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 11/18/2011 at 06:53 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The whole Touchstone inductive charging, exhibition, and now bluetooth audio features are simply brilliant. Isn't it about the only thing that the competitors havent copied yet?
    Vistaus likes this.
    I honestly want to know who sold it, how many were made, and if there's even a chance of getting another one!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Ulitmate envy! though i'm glad that it was someone on this forum that snapped it up and not someone else that had no interest in sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    It was bundled on ebay, check the front page for an article on it a few days back.

Grabbed link
    http://www.precentral.net/white-pre3...ake-debut-ebay
    I did see that auction on Ebay pictured with the (elusive) white Pre 3 on this new touchstone,..just didn't think "pdch" was the winning bidder.

So,...I wonder if there's some way to find out more info on both the white Pre 3 and this touchstone. C'mon people,...THINK. Someone on this forum must know someone who knows someone at HP and get do some intel on this,..'eh?
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post
    I did see that auction on Ebay pictured with the (elusive) white Pre 3 on this new touchstone,..just didn't think "pdch" was the winning bidder.

So,...I wonder if there's some way to find out more info on both the white Pre 3 and this touchstone. C'mon people,...THINK. Someone on this forum must know someone who knows someone at HP and get do some intel on this,..'eh?

As soon as I saw the article, I went straight over and hit the "buy it now" button. I needed a pre3 (my pre-'s speaker had just died) and when I saw the touchstone, I did not hesitate. I knew the white pre3 wasn't part of it, it was the touchstone that caught my eye.
    Thanks for sharing.

The sad part is the "not for resell" label on the bottom, which means this is a demo unit, not a production unit. Don't think we would see more then 5 of these on Ebay.

This is totally subjective, but I also do think that the original Palm hockey puck design is more elegant then this new design. Likewise, I also think that the webOS 1.x UI is more elegant and coherent then webOS 3.x; while webOS 2.3 on the Pre3 is a sad mix of Enyo & messed up Mojo. It is apparent how much of an effect the HP corporate culture and that pre-merger personal exodus had on the resulting products.
    I want one!! And one for my touchpad too.

Please HP for the love of everyone please please please restart Palm and churn out more of these goodies. True innovation!!!
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    Here you go:
    How Pre 3 fits inside leather case which I assume you got together with the rest of items?

Can you post some photos of the leather case (front, back, side ...), I would really like to see it.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    How Pre 3 fits inside leather case which I assume you got together with the rest of items?

Can you post some photos of the leather case (front, back, side ...), I would really like to see it.
    the case was obviously for an older palm device, not specifically for the pre3. It fits, but definitely not made for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    This is totally subjective, but I also do think that the original Palm hockey puck design is more elegant then this new design. Likewise, I also think that the webOS 1.x UI is more elegant and coherent then webOS 3.x; while webOS 2.3 on the Pre3 is a sad mix of Enyo & messed up Mojo. It is apparent how much of an effect the HP corporate culture and that pre-merger personal exodus had on the resulting products.
    Couldn't agree more. Specially about the evolution of webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post

I should have bought it and then just sold the white pre3 and kept the touchstone!
    I was poking around inside the music app on the touchpad, last night, and I noticed that there were a few hooks for exhibition mode usage of it, looks like it was never completed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Ziplock likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I should have bought it and then just sold the white pre3 and kept the touchstone!
    The auction did not include a white Pre3, it included a VZW black Pre3
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    Does the Blackberry audio gateway work with apps like Pandora and Slacker? I'd be interested in using this with my Pre 3 and my TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    One more interesting note on this thing: I set my pre- on it to charge this morning and it seems to be charging it faster as well and actually holds it better than the hocky puck. In fact, you don't have to position it as specifically on the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Does the Blackberry audio gateway work with apps like Pandora and Slacker? I'd be interested in using this with my Pre 3 and my TouchPad.
    I haven't used the blackberry gateway, but my audiovox BT to headphone jack adapter works with all audio I have thrown at it, slacker, dr podder, music player, navigation. This is designed for taking calls and media though. I would assume the BB gateway would respond the same at least for slacker/dr podder/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I haven't used the blackberry gateway, but my audiovox BT to headphone jack adapter works with all audio I have thrown at it, slacker, dr podder, music player, navigation. This is designed for taking calls and media though. I would assume the BB gateway would respond the same at least for slacker/dr podder/etc.
    Could you provide the model number for this Audiovox adapter you speak of? If it's good I might consider getting one. I could use one of those.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast