Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    So I bought the vzw Pre 3 with the audio dock touchstone on ebay. I now have the Pre 3 activated, and am loving it (especially having it paired with my touchpad). So far, however, I haven't figured out how the audio dock works. Does anyone have any ideas?

I will say that this touchstone works MUCH better for the Pre 3 over the old Pre touchstone. It fits EXTREMELY well, and looks really nice.

One other thing I like is that the pre3 and touchpad remain paired even when using the Bluetooth keyboard on the touchpad. I just got a text message on my touchpad while typing this on the keyboard. Now I just have to figure out how to pair that audio jack on the touchstone....
    Thanks for sharing this with us. Though obviously I'm insanely jealous.
    geekpeter likes this.
    It is really a nice TouchStone. I will buy it if it is available.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    We should all start an "I hate you club" and put "pdch" #1 on the list

j/k.... hope you enjoy it fully, congratz
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I am sure someone on alibaba or anyone with a chinese connection could send that touchstone off and get a proper "knockoff" made
    Does the Pre 3 need to be on the TS to relay the audio or just in bluetooth range?
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    I am sure someone on alibaba or anyone with a chinese connection could send that touchstone off and get a proper "knockoff" made
    Be very careful to buy something at Alibaba.com. Lots of scammer there. My experience buy Pre- 2 years ago ended painfully. I lost $500, even I bought from gold member. At Alibaba.com gold member or not can do scam. Gold member means nothing, not same with at US eBay. Read the site feedback first before buy something there. I bet you will very horrified after read the site feedback.
    I really hope that's not the only one and more will show up on eBay...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    seeing things like this makes me hate HP even more. Thanks for sharing.

'splain this to me please.

Does it have speakers built in?
    Or, does it connect to external bluetooth speakers?
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    @friskies64: I tested it with my pre minus. The old phone sees it, but can not broadcast sound to it even when paired. I think this is because of the 6mhz band which is only in the pre 3.

Which brings me to this @eblade: I have been testing this pretty extensively and found out that this thing is solely a multimedia audio dock. When connected, all phone sounds (including notification sounds) still come through the phone. The ONLY thing that plays through the dock is uninterrupted music (aside for SHORT, independent notification sound). Oh, and how it plays. By utilizing the 6mhz band, the sound is as good as if not better than connecting directly to my receiver (tested with pioneer elite connected to Paradigm Reference speakers).

Also @pavvento, the pre3 does NOT have to be on the touchstone, it only has to be in Bluetooth range.

@ princeAlbert, It has a physical mini-jack out, so the speakers are not connected over bluetooth, only the phone and the TS.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    FYI, the other big difference I have found between connecting with the pre 3 and pre- (other than the pre- not actually doing anything but connecting to it) is that unlike the pre- which can only connect to one device at a time, the pre 3 remains connected to my touchpad while still transmitting music to the Touchstone. In fact, I am on a call on my touchpad via my pre 3 while typing this on my bluetooth keyboard and still streaming music!
    ^^Nice!!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  13. jetboat@comcast.net
    A23 should show up during the add device process w/ Blutooth...cool Audio out feature for Pre3....
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I definitely would have purchased this if it were available, but I think I like the slimness of the old TouchStone.
    Agreed. I too prefer the hockey puck styled, original touchstone. It's alot easier to carry around, place in a pocket, etc. This bracket-styled touchstone would require a backpack just to lug it around. Perhaps someday someone can design a slimmer version of the bracket model
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    RGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    FYI, the other big difference I have found between connecting with the pre 3 and pre- (other than the pre- not actually doing anything but connecting to it) is that unlike the pre- which can only connect to one device at a time, the pre 3 remains connected to my touchpad while still transmitting music to the Touchstone. In fact, I am on a call on my touchpad via my pre 3 while typing this on my bluetooth keyboard and still streaming music!
    That is freaking awesome.

I am so jealous this thing would go awesome with my home theater. I can't even imagine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Hey there,
    I just picked up a Verizon Pre 3 on Ebay. May I ask, was this new style "touchstone" bundled with a phone purchase? Or, if separate may I ask how much you paid and if you know if others are available?

Thank you,
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post
    Hey there,
    I just picked up a Verizon Pre 3 on Ebay. May I ask, was this new style "touchstone" bundled with a phone purchase? Or, if separate may I ask how much you paid and if you know if others are available?

Thank you,
    Jeff
    It was bundled on ebay, check the front page for an article on it a few days back.

Grabbed link
    http://www.precentral.net/white-pre3...ake-debut-ebay
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    JEALOUS!!! Not only do you have a Pre 3, but you have a brand new charger to go with it. Ugh, Damn you HP.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I like the functionality of this new touchstone, and the fact that it fits the Pre3. However I have to agree that the original 'hockey-puck' touchstone is just so small and awesome, I wish they'd just added an audio-out to that design (and made the angle a little higher for better viewing, plus make it work better for landscape charging.)

As a completely random note, I just tried to type an '&' character on my PC keyboard by holding 'Ctrl' and pressing 'A'! Damn you Pre and your intuitive keyboard layout! :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast