Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    If you don t care about apps that tell you how much you get paid to take a **** or blowing up a castle or stupid 99¢ apps that are useless. Get a pre3. I LOVE mine. on verizon its amazing. Get one. I paid 598$ and it was worth every penny.

A+

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    pre4 likes this.
    One of the reasons for my getting a Pre3 was to support the webOS love. I didn't really get it to use it as my daily driver for months to come, but more of as an acknowledgement to something that's already great, but could have been greater. Did that make any sense?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by lolgamof View Post
    ...I'm a long time iPhone user (picked up a 3G on launch day), but I've fallen into my second round of "last quarter of the contract" boredom. I cured my boredness and lack of desire/concern for iOS 3 with a purchase of an unlocked Nokia N900. It was a fantastic phone/"mobile computer" for the six months or so that I used it, but once my contract for AT&T was expired, I renewed and picked up an iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is a great phone that's served me well, and I intend to keep it and use it as an iPod well after I get a new main phone, but I really just feel like iOS, with its ever-present wall of apps and complete lack of widgets, gets boring after a while. I've always had my phone jailbroken because I like to tether and customize the functionality of my phone to my liking, but I don't think I should have to fight the phone's creator to use it the way I want. I don't want to continue using this phone for another seven months if I can avoid it. For how I use my smartphone, there are certainly better OSes out there.
    If you are switching from the iphone 4 to the pre3, it will seem like you stumbled a few steps backwards in mobile technology. The pre3 interface is clunky, touch isn't responsive, taps don't register, random lockups, lack of virtual keyboard, popular apps are shoddy compared to the ios or android equivalents, etc.

My two and half year old iphone 3gs on ios 3.0 is lightyears ahead of the pre3 in functionality, features, build quality, and user interface. I bought the pre3 to try out because I liked webos on the touchpad but the same experience didn't transfer over to the phone.

If you can score one at the firesale price and have disposable income for gadgets then give it a whirl to fulfill your technolust...other than that, this is a phone that only pre enthusiasts/******* would love.
    Quote Originally Posted by webos_newb View Post
    If you are switching from the iphone 4 to the pre3, it will seem like you stumbled a few steps backwards in mobile technology. The pre3 interface is clunky, touch isn't responsive, taps don't register, random lockups, lack of virtual keyboard, popular apps are shoddy compared to the ios or android equivalents, etc.

My two and half year old iphone 3gs on ios 3.0 is lightyears ahead of the pre3 in functionality, features, build quality, and user interface. I bought the pre3 to try out because I liked webos on the touchpad but the same experience didn't transfer over to the phone.

If you can score one at the firesale price and have disposable income for gadgets then give it a whirl to fulfill your technolust...other than that, this is a phone that only pre enthusiasts/******* would love.
    Since youre a webos newb I just want to make sure you knew about a few things.
    The experience from the phone should have transferred to the touchpad not the other way around. On the phone you have a gesture area and the wave bar. With advanced gestures turned on, nothing is faster at switching between two open programs. Slide your finger from one side of the phone to the other, done.. I hope that you knew about this when you used the phone. The only area where the phone is lacking is in the apps.

The Pre 3 is a solid phone and I wish I could keep it. The only reason I'm selling mine is because I'm on sprint and don't plan on switching carriers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12