1.    #1  
    Hi All,

My Pre3 UK (webos 2.2.0) doesn't always turn off the speaker when I plug in the headphones. Doing a few unplugs/replugs doesn't help. Quitting the app making the noise (say, Pandora) and starting it up again doesn't help. Only thing I found that helps is fully restarting the device. Is there a better fix?
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecones3 View Post
    My Pre3 UK (webos 2.2.0) doesn't always turn off the speaker when I plug in the headphones. Doing a few unplugs/replugs doesn't help. Quitting the app making the noise (say, Pandora) and starting it up again doesn't help. Only thing I found that helps is fully restarting the device. Is there a better fix?
    I have had that happen on my Pre3 (Eu azerty, webos 2.2.0), but unplugging / replugging the headphones resolved it. Seemed to me there is sometimes a hardware / contact issue.

Max
    Doesn't look like hardware. It seems like it didn't catch the event or something. Mine does something similar with the slider, but I ran the slider tests many times there's nothing wrong with the hardware.

Unplugging always work... so I call this the reverse ghastly headset problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecones3 View Post
    Hi All,

You could try AudiSwitch an app in the homebrew thread. It shows the current settings and then can switch the media or phone audio to a device of choice.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/17/2011 at 03:02 AM. Reason: added link
    Yeah this happens to me too. My UK Pre3 *usually* does not turn off the speakers until I plug in the headphones 2 or 3 times.
    Sounds like a dirty headset jack, try cleaning it out with alcohol or elctronic parts cleaner.
    Has happened to me a few times, UK Pre3. First time, I discovered I'd been broadcasting Foo Fighters to a busy commuter train for twenty minutes until eventually a lad got on, sat in the seat next to me and tapped me on the shoulder - no-one else had said a word! That's the polite, restrained British for you Now I have to check every time by starting playback before inserting earphones...

When it's happened, sometimes unplugging and replugging has worked but other times it hasn't and I've had to restart the phone :/
  8.    #8  
    I downloaded the Pulseaudio restart utility from Preware this morning. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Hopefully restarting just pulseaudio in 5 seconds will save me waiting a full 2 minutes for the damn thing to reboot. Although, I've tried just restaring Luna and that didn't do it, had to restart device.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)