1.    #1  
    3.1.32. Just prompted me to install it... installing it now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    3.1.32. Just prompted me to install it... installing it now.
    Installed it already an hour ago.. Nothing special here to report

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    well, nice to see there are still updates for this'n'that trickling out of HP, even if they seem inconsequential.
    Just installed. No problems during installation.
    No problems after restart
    Ok people , move along nothing to see here ....
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    still seems insane to me that the touchpad gets maps updates when it has no native gps ability, phones i can understand but meh thats HP for ya.
    we're all thinking the same thing here, so I will just say it. HP Maps will only stay relevant until NDrive finally pushes things out into the App Catalog. Didn't they promise November?
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecones3 View Post
    we're all thinking the same thing here, so I will just say it. HP Maps will only stay relevant until NDrive finally pushes things out into the App Catalog. Didn't they promise November?
    how can they test ndrive for the touchpad, when the touchpad doesnt have gps? either way it requires some form of external bluetooth device, and even if they did use 1, which 1 do they use? would it work for every other external device?

theres a lot of instant fail factors when testing/using it on the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    still seems insane to me that the touchpad gets maps updates when it has no native gps ability, phones i can understand but meh thats HP for ya.
    I've got this update on my Veer, Pre3 and TP. If I switch on my Pre2 it may update as well.
    howcome my Touchpad locks onto my coordinates almost instantly then? If it doesnt use gps there is some crazy trickery going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    howcome my Touchpad locks onto my coordinates almost instantly then? If it doesnt use gps there is some crazy trickery going on.
    it uses the location your wifi is nearest to as default, because a wifi/router will be set against a phone number which will have a postcode asociated with it as well.

not much use on the move in a car unless you have an external mifi unit with gps built in.
    it uses the location your wifi is nearest to as default, because a wifi/router will be set against a phone number which will have a postcode asociated with it as well.

not much use on the move in a car unless you have an external mifi unit with gps built in.
    At least in the US, I believe the TP was/is using the good ole google streetview snooping WiFi signals to map to GPS.

Anyways, as was said, I found it funny when the update popped up on the Pre3 this morning. Just thought to myself, "self, webOS is still alive with "HP" (we know it's Palm) updating their own apps".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    i guess i should clarify. i meant my first post in regards to the pre3. the tp is pretty much useless for ndrive and as far as i know, there isnt a tp version coming
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecones3 View Post
    i guess i should clarify. i meant my first post in regards to the pre3. the tp is pretty much useless for ndrive and as far as i know, there isnt a tp version coming
    they do have a touchpad beta version (i got it) bit of a pain testing it tho when theres no virtual keyboad (hell of a show stopper) to type anything and ofc no sensible way to get gps bolted in.

makes it far from an easy install and go app.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I find the TouchPad google location to be better than my Pre's GPS location.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'll never consider another Ndrive product after buying their maps for my Pre2. Overpriced crapware from a company with extremely lousy customer support is the best way to describe them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I'll never consider another Ndrive product after buying their maps for my Pre2. Overpriced crapware from a company with extremely lousy customer support is the best way to describe them.
    but what other simple painless alternatives are there?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Huh??? I don't have a home phone, and my wireless access point is ancient, in the basement, and behind multiple firewalls. Google (or anybody else) cannot locate my TP any closer than half of our local county, and I'm guessing that is done by referencing the IP address block being used by our cable company.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
  19. H
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Huh??? I don't have a home phone, and my wireless access point is ancient, in the basement, and behind multiple firewalls. Google (or anybody else) cannot locate my TP any closer than half of our local county, and I'm guessing that is done by referencing the IP address block being used by our cable company.....
    They scan access point IDs with their streetview cars
    Alternatively they can collect access point IDs and get a phone to report those along with GPS coordinates
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    try a whois site with map ability.

Locate IP Address Lookup Show on Map

^ that one shows exactly where i am, my provider/etc. Dunno if that 1 works for you but there will be plenty of similar sites that know exactly where you are just from ip address/etc, even if the closest it gets is your local cable/telephone exchange.