1.    #1  
    Please Enlighten me as to how you accomplished this! Thanks in Advance...
    What do you currently see now? Just 3G? Run a speed test at speedtest.net and see what you get. Chances are you are on the HSPA network, just that the AT&T ROM isn't showing you the right symbol.

in Preware, there is a patch to change the symbol to more accurately show you whether you are on U (UMTS) or H (HSPA). On TELUS in downtown Toronto, I've hit up to 11.33 Mb/s out of a possible 14.4 the device is capable of. Typically though, I see in the 7-8 Mb/s down, 1-1.5 Mb/s up.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Yea, same here. I have got 3 to 5mbps on unlocked AT&T pre 3. But I ended up being forced to installing the UK Rom on my pre 3 and now the data is just awfully slow and I only get H or G signal.

It seems like one possible solution for me is to somehow modify the AT&T rom to get rid of bloatware and add the missing stuff using metadoctor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My UK-impersonated AT&T Pre3 shows "3G" label status, though speeds are pretty good and I'm in what is considered a 4G area by Rogers.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'm also fairly happy with the 3G speeds on Rogers with my AT&T Pre 3. Label shows 3G, but as indicated above -- it's likely just the static icon being used.
    AT&t veer gets upto 6mb/s on rogers in the dead center of toronto.
  7.    #7  
    I installed the patch that shows U and H and I have yet to see an H in Toronto. I am downtown and on the Fido network, I even got a new SIM. I have the AT&T Palm Pre 3...
    Quote Originally Posted by gameoffuture View Post
    It seems like one possible solution for me is to somehow modify the AT&T rom to get rid of bloatware and add the missing stuff using metadoctor.

This is now really easy to do if you are all familiar with building a Meta Doctor. Rod has included a build script with the latest Meta Doctor releases that will compile a vanilla AT&T ROM. I built a new doctor yesterday and just flashed it onto my Pre3.

So far so good, and saves me having to come up with the instructions myself, or using the bloatware removal patches that I whipped up.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    I installed the patch that shows U and H and I have yet to see an H in Toronto. I am downtown and on the Fido network, I even got a new SIM. I have the AT&T Palm Pre 3...
    I just tried that patch and I too am only getting U icon. I'm in Winnipeg, but well-within 4G range.

I talked to Rogers customer support about this a while ago. They said AT&T uses a special system designation thing to tell devices they're on "4G", but Rogers doesn't, thus why most devices only show 3G though get "4G" speeds. I'm not sure what, if any, truth there is to that.

With that in mind, here's a few variations of the earlier patch that will replace your 3G icon with something more fitting. Purely an aesthetic change, but I like it.

The variation patches are: 4G, H, and H+. Personally, I like the 4G one

[EDIT: Files moved to a dedicated thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...nstead-3g.html]
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/16/2011 at 09:28 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I just tried that patch and I too am only getting U icon. I'm in Winnipeg, but well-within 4G range.

I talked to Rogers customer support about this a while ago. They said AT&T uses a special system designation thing to tell devices they're on "4G", but Rogers doesn't, thus why most devices only show 3G though get "4G" speeds. I'm not sure what, if any, truth there is to that.

With that in mind, here's a few variations of the earlier patch that will replace your 3G icon with something more fitting. Purely an aesthetic change, but I like it.

The variation patches are: 4G, H, and H+. Personally, I like the 4G one

4G one does not work on a veer any fix you can do ??
  11.    #11  
    how do you install those patches?
    Same way you install all patches? Prepare, WOSQI, or copy via USE and use Internalz...

[ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    4G one does not work on a veer any fix you can do ??
    The above patches were made specifically for the Pre3. I'll look into doing some Veer ones later this tomorrow when I get some free time

You can install in 2 different ways:
    - WebOS Quick Install: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    - Internalz Pro:

Either one will do fine, use AUPT technology, be compatible with Preware, and the above links should be straightforward guides

14.    #14  
    okay thanks, I did not see it in Preware...let me try WEBOSQI