Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by newbostonconst View Post
    You need to write down what netstat says and then call and see what your current data is and then you will have a starting point to calculate when you are going to go over your allowed usage. You can also have it zero on a certain day of the month or manually zero it.

I don't think it uses up the battery because it doesn't need to be open all the time. I just open it and see where I am at and then close it.
    I noticed right after getting pre+ for the wife and myself that there daily data packets that added up to close to 200mb/month. She's on the $15 plan, so I turned off backup. Now, with her pre3, data is less, but still adds up. I'll likely turn off backup on this phone also.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbostonconst View Post
    You need to write down what netstat says and then call and see what your current data is and then you will have a starting point to calculate when you are going to go over your allowed usage. You can also have it zero on a certain day of the month or manually zero it.

I don't think it uses up the battery because it doesn't need to be open all the time. I just open it and see where I am at and then close it.
    Wasn't concerned with the first paragraph, I can check my data online, and fully understand how the app itself works. Really only loaded the app to see if I may be able to help others troubleshoot what they are seeing as excessive data usage.

As far as battery, I was thinking it must use some, as the webOS daemon that collects traffic data would have to be operating in the background at some level to poll data. This of course is my guess, maybe webOS is already collecting this data so the daemon that netstat uses isn't using any additional processing power.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12