1.    #1  
    How hard is it to make a meta doctor for the pre 3? I am trying email warfare with Sprint to let them allow me to bring a pre 3 to Sprint but I'm pretty sure it would need to be redoctored to switch networks.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
    Technically if they were to activate the phone (good luck), you would only need to doctor to get the "Sprint Apps", since no Sprint Pre3 exists, this isn't going to happen.

Your problem is with getting them to add an unapproved ESN.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Would it be possible to use my old Pre's ESN for Pre 3? There is one Pre 3 verizon on sale on ebay HP Pre 3 Smartphone Verizon 3G 16GB - World Phone FREE *TOUCHSTONE Charger** | eBay
    you can't change the esn in a phone. It it illegal.
  5.    #5  
    Why is it a problem for them to activate an unapproved ESN?
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Sprint's policy is it will never activate a non-Sprint phone. If it doesn't say Sprint on it, they won't activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    It's company policy.

The corporate line would be, an unapproved ESN means the device (or any updates) have not and will not be tested to work properly on Sprints network. This of course is technically a valid concern because once they activate a device it would give the appearance that they would then support the device.

This is why after nearly 10 years on Sprint, we went to GSM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...