Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I love my pre2, I just won a pre3... I am kinda having bidders regret. How do you users feel about the pre3, worth the money? Etc etc

I kind of want to get more of a feel for it...I am nothing new for webOS as I have used a pre from launch and only recently got a pre2.

grata decide to sell the 2 or 3 I suppose.
    you owe itself to try it. Other than a few bugs, its a great phone.
    There are some 1.4.5 or pre 2 apps i miss a little but I love the speed of the pre 3. The glass needs cleaned a little more. Not as forgiving as my pre plus. I am having zero issues with this phone with preware and uberkernal set at default.

I am going to BBX next year at some point regardless. With the way things are I wouldnt personally pay so much for a verizon version. I would have waited for BBX. I expect them to hold value though!

My call quality was getting bad so I went with the pre 3 and it is alot better now.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I can pretty much guarantee that I paid twice what you did (or more!) and I think it was well worth it. My only regret was losing Sprint TV (espec. ESPN) -- but that's a carrier issue, not a phone issue. You should definitely give the Pre 3 a try.
    I paid a lot for mine.. but it is one of the nicest phones I have ever owned...
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I think I paid decent, if I resell it, it will be at cost.

can u run apps? Or can you only do 'pre3' apps aka nothing but stock stuff.. I know I should know this lol. I.e I can still play some games and pandora etc that's on my pre2.

thanks for the replies!
    a lot of apps are Pre3 compatible, though there are some here and there that aren't. They can be sideloaded though I'd go with the Pre3, it's the best phone I've ever owned, hands down.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    There's a running thread on here somewhere with a list of apps that are compatible, semi-compatible, an non-compatible. I'll dig up the link when I get the time (if someone else doesn't beat me to it!).
    The short answer is that many apps are compatible, with minor screen issues (usually the issue is a small gap at the bottom of the screen).
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    awesome phone - I thought if i didn't like it enough I'd go back to my Pre 2 and hope to get back my money but in less than 2 weeks I haven't thought once about going back. so definitely give it a chance!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    thanks for the info and the list of apps, quite a few there that are Pre 3 optimized, impressive actually for it getting axed...stupid hp

should have it in the mail in a few days.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    boo.. Seller contacted me saying my winning bid was too low and he made error on pricing, wants another 50$ for it...

didn't notice but now I do.. Beware the ones selling these from china... I wonder if its legit now. He did offer 5 bucks as consolation if I cancel the deal. I said no, I'll give you 10 more bc I am too nice. If not then I am going off and reporting to paypal and ebay...not that he will care.

oh well... Guess no pre3 for me..and yeall got me excited!
    Just curious... how much is he asking ?

May be you are getting a great deal
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    technically you won and he should honor the price even if it was a mistake. Its not grossly low in error and once you won you had a right to the item at price. At least I thought that's how ebays policy works, because if you bid on an item and then don't pay ebay can suspend your account and there are buyers protections too..

not advocating you be a **** about it, but you are already paying plenty on it and he's still making quite a profit off of it. Seems pretty sketchy to try to milk you for another $50 bc his auction didn't hit what he was hoping for and he messed up on the minimum.....
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    aye, but a seller can just backout and refund the cash and take the badfeedback , at worse his account is banned and he makes another... I am not totaly dumb he has 100% feedback positive so I did check that lol.

won action for 404$ he wants 450. 16gb verizon pre3, touchstone (with charger aka full ts kit) and headphones...ain't headphones in the box?

haven't heard back from him yet, worse case I claim with paypal and get my money and look again.
    There are no headphones in the box.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Headphones come with the UK pre3 but not at&t nor Verizon pre3.

Baldric

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Oh well, headphones dont really matter...

Anywho- got a reply to my offer of saying "Sorry u messed up, ill budge 10$ althought I shouldent" he said to the effect of

"thanks for 10 but it wont help...bla..bla..cost to me after PP and ebay fees is over 500$ I am still at a loss at 450 that I offer you"

I replied with "I had sympathy for you and attempted to budge some and you wont.. I won the auction, you have my money- it is stated in your auction that you have the item in hand... I expect everything in the auction and a shipping confermation and tracking number soon."
    The eBay terms and conditions and whatnot say that the seller is obliged to sell the item to the winning bidder at the price they won it at, trying to do stuff like this at the last minute is in breach of eBay rules. I'd get in touch with buyer protection/customer service and see if they can assist you.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    indeed. I will if needed- I will see if he will uphold his end of the bargian knowing now I want the phone and I am not taking his 5$ to terminate the deal etc

He also has been emailing me via ebay, so it is all in their records and database if I do need to report it and if every needed it was a paypal protected transaction.

Well I started with bidders regret to empassioned to get my phone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast