1.    #1  
    Was checking my e-mails and all of a sudden my Pre3 froze... couldn't use the display, gesture area, power button... spammed the power button for a minute and it unfroze and my battery was at 0% all of a sudden (was above 30% I believe). Can't switch it on now, wants to charge.

Anyone experienced the same thing?
    yep I have had this happen once . Just keep battery charged up about 30% and you should be good . I'm personally gonna buy a mugen batterty when they come out . I don't think it means anything is seriously wrong though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    grab an app called drBattery from preware and it will recalibrate your battery. You probably weren't at 30%, and this will sync your battery and the charge indicator.
  4.    #4  
    I've had my Pre3 for about 2 months and this is the first time this has happened. I'll download drBattery and do as you said.
  5.    #5  
    Downloaded the app, when I navigate to "Calibrate" there's a message which reads "Calibration not yet supported on this device"... Does this app work with the Pre3? Or do I need to charge to 100% before it will allow me to calibrate?

Thank you
    oh, you should email the developer to see if/when he will Support the pre3. He is a great guy.

sorry, I thought the pre3 was already supported.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    oh, you should email the developer to see if/when he will Support the pre3. He is a great guy.

sorry, I thought the pre3 was already supported.
    No worries, thanks anyway mate
  8.    #9  
    Had a look at that thread already -- no solution unfortunately.
    at least you can use dr battery to watch the drain rate.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    at least you can use dr battery to watch the drain rate.
    Well, I'm hoping it's not going to happen again... hasn't happened in the 2 months I've had the device so fingers crossed it wont be a frequent occurrence.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Most modern phones (and I am pretty sure this includes the Pre3) will automatically calibrate the battery as it runs down. If you let it run all the way down once it a while, that will let it recalibrate. DrBattery may do a better job (not sure?) but it's not necessary. (Though it does show you the current health of the battery, which is nice.)

This is not great for the battery itself, so you don't want to do it often. It's better for this type of battery to stay charged as much as possible. But if the calibration is way off (e.g. 30% = dead) then this could certainly help.

This assumes the problem is the calibration and not some unusual level of drain.