1.    #1  
    OK, I want a Pre 3 so bad its ridiculous, but I am still using the Pre- on Sprint and my contract has been up for 6 months. My friend told me to buy a Pre 3 on Ebay or wherever you guys think I should get it and try it on the ATT Prepaid network to see what I think. If it works out, then maybe I can switch to ATT and leave Sprint even thought I'll lose the nice monthly payment Sprint has.

I also need to know how to get the Pre 3 working like all of you guys have. Is my method a good one so that if I have problems with the Prepaid option, then I simply take a loss in the cost of the Pre 3 instead of signing a 2 year contract with ATT where they give me a free phone and then switch it to the Pre 3 on my own? I don't want to switch to ATT and get stuck. I know they have a 15 or 30 day trial period but I feel that won't be enough time to decide if the Pre 3 is going to work in all aspects.

I love the Pre- still, but I need a change and WebOS is the only OS I like.

Thanks ahead of time.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Read up on the H2O threads. It's nice having a Pre3, a cheaper monthly rate than I had on sprint, and no contract.
    You won't get stuck on AT&T. I put a Veer on AT&T and have no contract. This way I could try it out with 4g, etc. I can end it anytime. Any AT&T store rep who tells you a contract has to be signed is lying their *** off!
    I say go for it.
    The Pre 3 is a different beast and as long as its unlocked, you have AT&T, their MVNOs and T-Mobile/T-Mobile MVNOs as options. You wont be stuck on any one carrier. The only major consideration is data; its obviously better on AT&T's network.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the info all
    Att's post paid is not any more than sprints 79.99 monthly unlimeted plan.....
    Regards,

CJ

pre-/touchpad 32g / pre 3
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    if you get a EU pre 3 you can use the ATT Go plane with no extra data fee .... just not super duper data speeds tho
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've had my Veer on the $2 a day plan at AT&T for over a month, I bought 100MB data up front and just added 10MB to keep it from expiring, I mostly use on WiFi but wanted to have the option to use data occasionally.

Since I'm not really using it for phone/text I've only spent $2 so far (in addition to the data, $20 so far).

and thankfully the guy at the store I went to was really helpful without trying to sell me anything or snow me into thinking I had to activate on a contract
    I picked a Pre 3 up as a second phone last week. It's an AT&T model so I took it to an AT&T store in town and activated it with a $25 a month goPhone account. No, data I'm using Wifi on it and tethering to my iPhone.

The bluetooth connection to my Touchpad is also very cool. I can answer the phone from the Touchpad as long as they're in range of each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I've had my Veer on the $2 a day plan at AT&T for over a month, I bought 100MB data up front and just added 10MB to keep it from expiring
    I've been wondering about that data rollover thing on the GoPhone plan for awhile now - so you're saying you bought a 100mb data package, and then as long as you keep buying the $5 10mb package every 30 days, you get to keep all the data from the original 100mb that you haven't used? Have you confirmed for certain that you didn't lose any when you renewed with only $5?

(I'm asking so specifically because the way I read some of the fine print it seemed that if you started with 100mb, in order to keep the full amount rolling over you'd have to keep buying the 100mb package; if you switched to the 10mb package then I understood that you'd lose all but 10mb of what had been saved up. if it works the way you described, then I'm suddenly much more interested in GoPhone)
    I got a free 30 day trial of consumercellular.com (which resells AT&T voice and uses Clear Sky via proxy Clear Sky for data) ...they have setup advice for the proxy but I can't get the pre3 or the veer or even my trusty motosurf a3100 to aquire data ...I guess the trial will end in failure ...too bad, it's way cheaper!! I tried the touchpad proxy app on the pre3 but it doesn't scale to the screen and the setup is partly inaccessible so it won't work. Drat!! ;^(
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I got a free 30 day trial of consumercellular.com (which resells AT&T voice and uses Clear Sky via proxy Clear Sky for data) ...they have setup advice for the proxy but I can't get the pre3 or the veer or even my trusty motosurf a3100 to aquire data ...I guess the trial will end in failure ...too bad, it's way cheaper!! I tried the touchpad proxy app on the pre3 but it doesn't scale to the screen and the setup is partly inaccessible so it won't work. Drat!! ;^(
    apparently this is going to be a failure as I cannot find a way to get on their data link ...otherwise voice is the same (well, it should be, it's the ATT antenna)...
    I just tried to get on post paid at a 3rd party store. They were okay with that even off contract. Problem was my plan with 450 min (least you can get) unlimated sms and 2gb data was $85, with $35 activation fee! She said my bill with tax and fees would be close to $100 a month. Eek. I'll stick with H2O which is a flat 60 even though I have slower data and they turned it off when I have 4 days left cause I went over my 2gb.