1.    #1  
    My Pre3 gets kind of warm when it is charging from the touchstone. I wonder...

1. Is it normal? and more important...
    2.Will it harm the battery. I worry about this last one given the fact that there are not replacement batteries yet.

JP
    normal, and nothing to worry about.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    It will be much cooler if you open the keyboard before you put it on the Touchstone.
    Any inductive charging has that set back... HEAT. Look up the difference between inductive and straight charging on Goog. I've had my Pre- for 2-1/2 years and have only used the Touchstone to charge the phone for the entire time. Granted I've done through 3 Pre's, but isn't that normal for having it for 2-1/2 years?? I actually like the method mentioned about keeping the phone slider open while charging. I will try this and see if it cools it down a little.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    It is normal, but this can shorten the battery life if the temp goes too high.
    Yes, it is normal for any battery to get warm while it is charging. Also, charging on a Touchstone will not shorten the battery life. My Pre battery was never charged with a wire, always on a Touchstone and the battery lasted for over 2 years.
    I've replaced my battery twice during the past 2-1/2 years buying them from amazon for like $3 each! The app Dr. Battery will tell you what the health is. It just has to do with usage, not charging.