Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    OK - I have searched and I cannot find an answer to probably the simplest question here.

How do I install webos Doctor?

I have downloaded the 226mb file for the verizon pre3 but there is no installer in the files - what am I missing?

Sorry to ask a stupid question but I'm stumped at step 0.1
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eng_razavi View Post
    I have been there but then when I go to that page and pick the pre3 it makes me log in and then all I see are the webos doctor for my Touchpads there is no choice for a pre3. I downloaded that but I don't know what to do with that big 226mb verizon pre3 file?

Ok - I now get a message that says this webos version os not compatible with my device. I downloaded the Touchpad Webos doctor I think.

Where do I find the pre3 webos Doctor? I'm getting closer.
    Last edited by dhh1; 11/09/2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I just did 2 of my VZW Pre 3 last week. I bookmarked and reread several links and all went really smoothly. good luck, Clarice

Here's the Java program that contains the Doctor for 2.2.3 that must be done before you can activate
    Verizon 2.2.3 JAR file

if you have problems with getting the Doctor to recognize the phone (1 of the 2 I did had issues, eventually had to use the battery-pull part of the notes on this page)
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

if you have a current webOS phone you'll want to read, re-read and follow this so your old device remains in a useable-in-wifi state
    StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

Lots of good experience:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3/303007-verizon-pre3-activation.html
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I just did 2 of my VZW Pre 3 last week. I bookmarked and reread several links and all went really smoothly. good luck, Clarice

Here's the Java program that contains the Doctor for 2.2.3 that must be done before you can activate
    Verizon 2.2.3 JAR file

if you have problems with getting the Doctor to recognize the phone (1 of the 2 I did had issues, eventually had to use the battery-pull part of the notes on this page)
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

if you have a current webOS phone you'll want to read, re-read and follow this so your old device remains in a useable-in-wifi state
    StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

Lots of good experience:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3/303007-verizon-pre3-activation.html
    Thanks - on it . Details to follow. Thank you

What do I do with that forst Java file - do I open it somewhere or put it somewhere? I just don't see a program I can launch in that zip-file
    download it to your PC. If the file name is .zip you need to change it to .jar

the double click on it to run it on your pc. Don't plug your phone in until the doctor tells you to.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    JAR files are like EXE you just double click. if your machine (which is MOST machines) has Java installed on it then it should open a program window
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    download it to your PC. If the file name is .zip you need to change it to .jar

the double click on it to run it on your pc. Don't plug your phone in until the doctor tells you to.
    That was a problem - redoing it now as .jar

Holding my breath. Already activated fine on VZW now just need to update phone

That was the key - it was saving as a .jar file not .zip file. It is loading as we speak.

Thank you again.

Done - up and running . THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
    Last edited by dhh1; 11/09/2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Well - that was short lived. I tried it for a few minutes, sent some texts and emails. And I'm back on my blackberry 9930 again.

For me it was a bit small and slippery and just not as useful as my Blackberry.

Going back on eBay in a minute to dust it off. The quest for the perfect phone continues.
    wow, maybe you should give it a week...
    wow, you paid around $500 for a phone and then only used it for a few minutes before giving up on it? try giving it a chance... it's a completely different device. I know whenever I use a client's blackberry (setting up e-mail or doing an enterprise activation) I'm always stunned that anyone puts up with them; but I'm sure if I actually used one for a week I'd see it's merits.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhh1 View Post
    Well - that was short lived. I tried it for a few minutes, sent some texts and emails. And I'm back on my blackberry 9930 again.

Going back on eBay in a minute to dust it off. The quest for the perfect phone continues.
    Seriously? You spent all this time researching and trying to get it to work and within minutes you want to dump it? I bet you could find plenty of takers on this forum that would love a chance to take it off your hands cheap. Suggest you put it up for sale in the marketplace section--you will be very appreciated by those without your disposable income!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Well - I tried to dump it in the marketplace but I need a higher post count. So it is back on eBay. Yes - I am always in search of the perfect phone so I hope someone will benefit.

Putting my 5 touchpads up on eBay too.
    HP-Pre-3-Verizon-Smartphone Black | eBay

edit: funny that you say it's too small... other people aren't too fond of the Pre3 because they think it's too big! I must be Baby Bear because I think it's just right. No, wait, I'm Goldilocks and the phone is Baby Bear's phone? whatever. I like it.
    Funny thread, lol, for a minute I thought I was in the blackberry forum.
    well how much you want for the pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    wow, you paid around $500 for a phone and then only used it for a few minutes before giving up on it? try giving it a chance... it's a completely different device. I know whenever I use a client's blackberry (setting up e-mail or doing an enterprise activation) I'm always stunned that anyone puts up with them; but I'm sure if I actually used one for a week I'd see it's merits.
    It only took me 2 minutes to love it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    well maybe I'll try it again this weekend.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    happy to hear our help last night worked, sorry to hear you don't like it. surprised to see the word 'small', it's way bigger than I ever wanted but worth it to have webOS on nice hardware. good luck. Clarice
    Quote Originally Posted by dhh1 View Post

Are you an NFL wide receiver or presently out of work NBA basketball player? You've gotta be one or the other if the Pre 3 feels small in your hands.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast