1.    #1  
    Ok, so the BF asks me a couple weeks ago what I want for Christmas and I explain the whole Pre 3 phone (Verizon) thing and the HP cluster****. He'll tells me a couple of days ago that he's giving me $xxx.xx in cash to do with as I please. It's enough to get me the Pre 3 if one pops up on eBay. I'm currently on my original May 2010 Verizon Pre Plus, overclocked and patched and all kinds of Precentral-type goodness. I'm eligible for an upgrade on VZW in January 2012 and would rather not burn it for a phone I don't really want. My Pre Plus has recently developed the dreaded USB port crack but because of a Skinomi screen protector and an AGF GRT slider case, the keyboard is still strong and the crack isn't likely to run for awhile. Note, I also have a second used Pre Plus I purchased off of eBay way back when I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep from destroying my original Pre Plus. Soooooooo, do I go to the Pre 2 or Pre 3 for Verizon? This enquiring mind wants to know!

TTFN
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have both. Definitely Pre3 VZW if you can afford it.
    having had a Pre2 I would say that if I would say if you need :-
    bigger keyboard
    bigger higher resolution screen
    auto focus camera
    ... then get the Pre3. If not then stick with the Pre2. While not as fast, the performance is much more reliable.
    It really is a toss up, having Sprint Pre, then Veer, unlocked Pre2, and ATT Pre3, the HP hardware is amazing.

Having used a Pre2 then Pre3, the performance of the 3 is a lil sad, but is perfectly usable when compared to 1.x software on the 2 year old hardware. If I had known prices were going to drop so quickly I would have never purchased the 2's and just went to 3's.

The one good thing about the 2's is I can pop my SIM in and have a few extra batteries if I know I will be out without ability to charge for extended time. Mugen is coming with batteries for Pre3 though...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...