1.    #1  
    There were a few threads about this, but just wondering to those that have bought screen protectors which would you recommend

I was thinking the skinomi with the carbon back skin (assuming i can still use the touchstone) as it seems to be the only skin with cutouts for the camera at the front.

Advice would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I bought this on eBay...
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    and I like it. It does have the front camera hole. Before it arrived I convinced myself that I would not like it so I ordered the Skinomi with carbon fiber back. But the front piece from eBay remains flawless and I still have 2 more, since it is a 3-pack.

I put the carbon fiber back on and still have the clear front in the package. I have mixed thoughts on the carbon fiber. On the plus side, it makes the very sleek Pre3 a little grippier. I have a modified touchstone to improve magnetic qualities, but it was still not great even without a back skin. With the carbon fiber skin, it takes away some of the sweet spot, but it's still useable. I am somewhat short of delighted with carbon fiber back. It's adhesion on the edges is not that good. There's a few spots that it likes to peel up on. Those spots don't look terribly bad but you can certainly feel them in your hands.

So for the front screen, go with the eBay reference. Hold off on the back for now.
    Can you share us some photos of the carbon skin. I'll will like to add some protection to my Pre3
  4.    #4  
    Is the ebay one the same sort of material the zagg or skinomi ones are or is it that hard sort of plastic type of screen protector

Thing with the back is, even if the edges are are a bit iffy, some protection is better then no protection right?
    I got the Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin (with screen protector). Installed perfectly and easily...
    I'll post some pics soon...
    It looks awesome, but makes the phone more slippery I think and using the Touchstone more difficult...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    For those using skinomi, are you powering your device down for the 24 hours. This is the one thing that has kept me away from skinomi.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Is the ebay one the same sort of material the zagg or skinomi ones are or is it that hard sort of plastic type of screen protector

Thing with the back is, even if the edges are are a bit iffy, some protection is better then no protection right?
    It is a dry installation, peel and stick type. So yes, it's a little thicker than Zagg, but it is pretty thin.

As far a protecting the back, If I had to do it again, I'd go without. The back of the Pre3 is kinda sexy and it is incredibly durable. When I first got mine, I drew a big silver circle on the back of mine with a silver Sharpie so I could cut a notch and make the Touchstone sweet spot engage instantly. I never made the cut but the Sharpie mark wore off in a week.

Take a look at the back of the Pre3. Feel it. Talk about buttered kittens, this is nice. It won't show every rub mark and scratch like plastic. If you want carbon fiber, fine. But if you are just worried about protection, go raw for a couple of months and see how it does on it's own. And remember, even if someone took perfect care of an iPhone 3G and it has no scratches, it's old stuff and nobody wants it. As much as we love our Pre3s, it has a definite useful life.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    For those using skinomi, are you powering your device down for the 24 hours. This is the one thing that has kept me away from skinomi.
    Duh, I don't see a 24 hour rule anywhere on my instruction sheet. I've been dumb before and haven't been cured, but I don't see that.

There's a 4-5 hour disclaimer on the wet installation of the front, but that's just an electrical disclaimer. Do it before bedtime if you have concerns.
    HMM The FAQ on the website says 24 hours is strongly recommended or something to that effect.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I got ZAGG but really don't like its pixelation effect and the touch of its texture. I tried to find those static-cling ones like Acase or handhelditems on the web but couldn't find any. I always find static-cling kind ultra clear and feel just like touching a glass. Does anyone know if I can get it somewhere for my Pre 3?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I had stealthskins for my pre2 and loved it for its price and was more smooth/less orangepeely than zagg . They didn't (at least at the time) have one for the pre3 so I did the skinomi carbon fiber kit, I like the feel of it even better than stealthskins however I do not like that it has a cut out for the light sensor on the front.

my first carbon back sucked, I emailed and they sent me another. I have not put it on yet, I want to by taking the back off and using a heatgun rather than hairdryer.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I found this one from Monaco. http://www.wirelessground.com/hp-pre...protector.html

It's the kind I like, dry static installation, but it looks a bit thick and murky. Is there anyone who uses it and can share your experience? Really don't want to lose money on trying screen protectors anymore ...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities