Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Not sure when my daughter's is, but it sounds like a good idea. Could even make it into a desiccant effectiveness project (check it with rice, rock salt, and silica gel pack).
    Don't forget the control group. Using just air drying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Don't forget the control group. Using just air drying.
    Not talking about using a cell phone. More like just sealing each in a container with a moist object and taking measurements of weight to see if they absorb any ambient moisture.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Not talking about using a cell phone. More like just sealing each in a container with a moist object and taking measurements of weight to see if they absorb any ambient moisture.
    LOL I wasn't advocating the use of a cell phone either.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    Wow, I'm shocked! The rice thing actually worked! My pre 3 is up and running like nothing ever happened. I'm actually writing this from my phone volume rocker is fine, speakers work perfectly, I haven't tested out the phone calls yet.
    I let it sit in rice for 24 hours. But half way through I took it out and cleaned some parts with rubbing alcohol (as I was told to on here to clean out all the coffee gunk) but I didn't fully take it apart because I'm not that tech savy haha.
    Thank you all for the helpful tips you saved my phone. Now hopefully I don't jinx it all
    I once dropped a phone into a sink full of water. Took it apart as much as possible and used blow dryer (sans heat).

Result: Phone lasted a little over a year!

So, there's hope your Pre3 will make it a while.
    I see pandas.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234