1.    #1  
    For the life of me I cannot seem to find skype any where for the pre 3. But there's a font facing camera so obviously you have to be able to do something with it right?!?
    The search function of the forums actually works pretty well. Skype on the Pre 3 has numerous threads already, along with instructions.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    The search function of the forums actually works pretty well.
    I beg to differ, it doesn't in some cases.
    Try for yourself, in advanced search on the Pre3 Forum "skype", "how install skype", "skype pre3" don't bring anything useful. The only one I found was http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...nloadable.html but I can't see Skype in my catalogue and I still don't know how to install it either..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    you should be able to download Skype in the US app catalog.
    after you install it, I think the easiest way to Skype IM/call is through Just Type.

(1) Sign in via the Messaging app
    (2) minimize the Messaging app
    (3) Use Just Type to locate the person you want to call/IM
    (4) then select their Skype account
    (5) select whether you want to Chat or Call them.
    Last edited by br0kenneckbrace; 11/10/2011 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by br0kenneckbrace View Post
    you should be able to download Skype in the US app catalog.
    Maybe there's the issue then, I'm presently in Italy. Yet nowhere have I read something about the exclusivity on US soil for Skype.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Skype is integrated in the messaging application. Just log in with your account details and everything will work fine.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abies View Post
    Skype is integrated in the messaging application. Just log in with your account details and everything will work fine.
    This is the case with my QWERTZ Pre 3 - but I can vaguely remember to have read that there is no Skype on the US version (or on the 16GB version, only).
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I beg to differ, it doesn't in some cases.
    Try for yourself, in advanced search on the Pre3 Forum "skype", "how install skype", "skype pre3" don't bring anything useful. The only one I found was http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...nloadable.html but I can't see Skype in my catalogue and I still don't know how to install it either..
    I beg to differ against your beg to differ. I clicked on the Pre 3 forum, clicked Search this Forum, entered Skype as my search criteria, and whammo.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ighlight=skype

Learn to use forums better. 8th or 9th hit all in big capital letters.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...palm.app.skype

its here but even though my carrier is supported it wont let me get it...doesnt work when i try impostah either..anyone have any luck with this..maybe post the file?
    The package can't be distributed publicly.

Maybe some generous person will email you the file if you post your address here.
    The integrated Skype works fine for me. UK Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecones3 View Post
    The integrated Skype works fine for me. UK Pre3.
    Im in the UK but using an AT&T pre (needed the 16gb) so it didnt come with it built in.