Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  1.    #1  
    Hello Webos fans,

I have a Pre3 with 100+ apps and patches. It works according to my needs and I like it. I bought a second Pre3 for my wife and want to avoid a manual install of the same set of apps and patches.

Is it possible do to so ?

Registering both both on the same HP account is not enough : it only dupplicates application coming from the official HP store.

With a Palm Treo or Centro, I just do a "NVbackup" on device #1 and restore it on device #2.

Nothing like that with WebOS ?

What about a full copy of the complete file system (from "/" - the root folder) if this is possible ?

TIA

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    save/restore in preware feed in combination with prewarea saved packet list would at least install most (all?) homebrew apps and patches.
    Sorry no link, search for save/restore
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    save/restore in preware feed in combination with prewarea saved packet list would at least install most (all?) homebrew apps and patches.
    Sorry no link, search for save/restore
    So far I think I will have to reinstall all on both phones.

Phone #1 you displayed "Your phone is not connected to HP WebOS account and restarted without asking more. Since then I have the HP glowing logo

=> Should I "doctor" it ?

Can someone give the list of servers used by the phone to connect to the HP site ?

TIA,

Charly
    you can't put two phones on one hp account. sorry.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    you can't put two phones on one hp account. sorry.
    OK. I can understand that, but at least we should have a clean way to "cancel" or "reconnect"...

So my question remains : Should I "doctor" it ?

TIA

Charly
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    So my question remains : Should I "doctor" it ?
    If you still can't boot it, it will be the best solution.
  7.    #7  
    Well.... The doctor did NOT succeed. I called Palm.HP support (a French guy located in Argentina... vive la mondialisation !) and the conclusion was it must be sent for maintenance.

So this is another story.

Thanks for your advice anyway !

Edit : added the missing 'NOT' above
    Last edited by calebrun; 11/10/2011 at 09:26 AM.