Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I have a quick question. I am currently in Europe and got german Pre 3 for quite a good price. Its brand new not activated yet and I would like to do so by using my current US created profile.

I think I read somewhere that if you activate with already created US profile the device will get US app catalogue. Is this right?

Or should I just imposter my way in?
    probably safer to Impostah your way in
    Nope, it won't, if it's the first time activation it will check on which carrier are you in and will match it up with your profile. For example if your profile was from the US, and you activate the phone in Germany then you will see the German Catalog on the Pre 3.

At least that's what happened to me. I had an HP Veer activated through Impostah, and when I received my Pre 3 last week I thought that I wouldn't have to do all the Impostah process again. I was wrong, I activated the phone directly and I'm now stuck with a restricted app catalog that only shows up free apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicofernet View Post
    Nope, it won't, if it's the first time activation it will check on which carrier are you in and will match it up with your profile. For example if your profile was from the US, and you activate the phone in Germany then you will see the German Catalog on the Pre 3.

At least that's what happened to me. I had an HP Veer activated through Impostah, and when I received my Pre 3 last week I thought that I wouldn't have to do all the Impostah process again. I was wrong, I activated the phone directly and I'm now stuck with a restricted app catalog that only shows up free apps.
    This is correct.
    You will not get the US AppCat unless you:
    - use Impostah to activate your device using US settings
    - link your device to a TouchPad with a US AppCat
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Thank you guys, you are the best. Imopstah it is.