Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Just got mine. Waiting on shipping. Coming from a Pre-, I'm expecting a major improvement.
    Last edited by globex; 11/08/2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Expect to be overwhelmed! Just did the same a month ago, the jump from the original Pre to the Pre 3 is terrific. This phone is a champion, and the homebrew people make it better! Perhaps you'll be less pressed to tweak it, as it's more capable than your former device.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Expect to be overwhelmed! Just did the same a month ago, the jump from the original Pre to the Pre 3 is terrific. This phone is a champion, and the homebrew people make it better! Perhaps you'll be less pressed to tweak it, as it's more capable than your former device.
    I thought the same thing as I didn't tweak my pre+ at all but with battery monitor- uberkernel- tweaks-govnah - filemgr pro systools mgr.. I can't imagine not tweaking my verizon pre3. Its amazing...

Oh btw. I'm at 3:56am as I am typing this, woke up at 10:30am today this morning, I'm at 18 hrs or so uptime off the charger, and I have 40% battery left.... Battery monitor says 18 hrs left....

Yes its amazing... Have fun..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    Oh btw. I'm at 3:56am as I am typing this, woke up at 10:30am today this morning, I'm at 18 hrs or so uptime off the charger, and I have 40% battery left.... Battery monitor says 18 hrs left....
    Gasp. I've pretty much gotten used to my Pre-'s 3 hour battery life when listening to music. 1 hour when tethering. I carry a charger or an extra battery with me everywhere I go. If the Pre3 lasts an entire day without a charge I'll be amazed.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Glad you pulled the trigger.

Wish I would have much sooner.

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    Just completed 2 weeks with my Pre3 on AT&T and have not regretted the purchase. It's not perfect, but what phone/gadget is? I came from an original purchase date Pre- and so what I have enjoyed is the incredible speed, the improved battery life, larger screen, better keyboard (though I was fine with the Pre- keyboard, this one is better), sharp screen resolution and some webOS improvements over the Pre-.

My issues are that my wi-fi connection will occassionally be lost inside my home (router is still working as my computers and TP will still be connected) and I'll have to do a reset to get it connected again. Very sporadic, and somewhat annoying. It's been connected now just fine since Sunday....go figure. Never had that issue with the Pre-. While the TouchStone works, it must slide down during the night because I'll suddenly hear (on the other side of the house) the "ding, ding" noise saying it is recharging. Doesn't do this every night, but again, sporadic.

But those are my only 2 issues that I can think of on the negative side. Otherwise, just a perfect phone for what I want it to do....phone, email, text, and light browsing with a few applications that I find good for me.....and all done in a very snappy and smoooooth manner. The jury is still out on AT&T. Phone and data service has been good, just seeing about the cost differential compared to Sprint once I get a regular bill.

Enjoy your phone!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    It will be tough but keep it plugged in 24hrs if possible on first charge.

Mine has been off the charger 3 hours today and I'm still at 100% lol...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.