Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maxundmilian
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys, just a quick query-

this afternoon I took my Pre 3 out of my pocket and I noticed the keyboard stopped sliding to it's full extension- it sort of gets to the top 3rd of the top row of keys and stops. As such the backlight on the keyboard isn't turning on...
    I tried to push the top half of the phone up more, but was fearful of breaking it so I stopped. The right side of the top half of the phone seems to move fine, something on the left side of the device is stopping it from fully sliding up.
    Any ideas as to what it could be? Should I attempt to remedy that myself, or is it worth sending off to HP?
    I had this problem and forced the slider up and broke the volume rocker switch!
    I screwed up my volume rocker the same way. I plan on opening up the phone sometime this week to see if I can fix it. Considering there's no warranty on this thing (Verizon model in my case) I don't know if it would be worth trying to talk to HP about it.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 11/07/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Broke the volume rocker switch the same way. HPs sending me a new backcover, which might solve the problem w the switch ... If you find out how to repair the switch I'd be thankful if you could post here how you did it (already tried myself, but no solution so far).
    nikipod likes this.
    you could possibly use a pre plus or minus to fix your broken rocker switch as they should all be the same , and i happen to have a pre minus im never gonna use again lol PM me whoever wants it, first come first serve
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    I'm in the UK so I decided to ring HP over the matter, currently on hold now. 20 minutes and counting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you could possibly use a pre plus or minus to fix your broken rocker switch as they should all be the same , and i happen to have a pre minus im never gonna use again lol PM me whoever wants it, first come first serve
    Rocks!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by maxundmilian View Post
    Broke the volume rocker switch the same way. HPs sending me a new backcover, which might solve the problem w the switch ... If you find out how to repair the switch I'd be thankful if you could post here how you did it (already tried myself, but no solution so far).
    I'm curious about what you tried.