1.    #1  
    My Pre 3 is turning off by itself randomly. Does anyone else experience it?

The only way I can restart it is by removing the battery. Not cool at all.

And actually, I don't know if it's off or if it's unresponsive, because sometimes when it happens, I can still see the notification led blinking. But I still can't turn the phone off to restart it or anything.

It happens even without preware and no patch installed.

Any clue? At least about a way to restart it without taking out the battery?

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    hi, yes it happens to some people. for me, installing ubrrkernel and settin min frequency to 256MHz in govnah solved it.
    you can force restart the phone by holding the power button and switching mute button on and off several times.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I have a problem where my battery sometimes loses connection, and I lose power. I then have to take off the back cover and re-seat the battery.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomassplatch View Post
    hi, yes it happens to some people. for me, installing ubrrkernel and settin min frequency to 256MHz in govnah solved it.
    you can force restart the phone by holding the power button and switching mute button on and off several times.
    Thanks very much for both advices!
    A battery pull does the trick for me...it might happen 1x every couple of weeks.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    My Pre 3 is turning off by itself randomly. Does anyone else experience it?

The only way I can restart it is by removing the battery. Not cool at all.

And actually, I don't know if it's off or if it's unresponsive, because sometimes when it happens, I can still see the notification led blinking. But I still can't turn the phone off to restart it or anything.

It happens even without preware and no patch installed.

Any clue? At least about a way to restart it without taking out the battery?

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    it's been happening to me and a some other folks. there is another thread on it but no real solution so far.

it happened to me while the phone was in it's factory form, so i tried preware, a bunch of patches, setting the min cpu with govnah but nothing has worked.

just yesterday it shut off randomly after receiving a sms and the day before it rebooted by itself after a call ended. this phone is a piece of junk