Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By cyph911x
  1.    #1  
    so I just beat quake (for the pre3) and it was a awesome blast from the past. HOW.. And please tell me there is a way, do I unlock or register the full game. Or rather get the full game?

Thanks lot guys. I will check back soon. Hopefully someone can let me know. (downloaded from preware)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    if you own the full game you can copy the pak1.pak to the quake app, or better copy the whole quake app into a new quake(full) app rename it in appinfo.json and then copy the pak1.pak to change it from level 1 to all 4.
    Also I have Doom and Doom II working on a pre 2/pre+ with WebOS 2.1.0. The old games are still fun.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks john. Sent you a pm.

Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    This may be a dumb question, but, this runs fantastically on TouchPad.. but I was never able to figure out a way to control it. I assume it uses the keypad input? hmm.. makes me want to go and see if I can bluetooth keyboard it now that I have one.

*edit: ooh yay, that works. At least, it works to get the menus working, which was the problem that I had. It feels really weird playing it with only a forward/backward/look stick instead of duals, though.
    Last edited by eblade; 11/04/2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    I use the KB with the phone open. To strafe and shoot. W/ touchpad.. No friggin idea.

6.    #6  
    Someone pm me about the pak1 file. I'm a noob.or is it really that simple to do once you have the full pak1 quake file?

The on screen stick with fire and jump works reasonably well on TouchPad, but I couldn't figure out how to get the menu to work with just the touch screen. Using my Bluetooth keyboard, the A, S, Q, and Enter keys work to navigate the menus, and the keyboard numbers work to change weapons. It's not ideal, but I'm not trying to speed run the game either
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It works great on the touchpad, also replied back to pm...
  9.    #9  
    do i need a specific pak1 file?? or just the one from the retail game?

10.    #10  
    F:\appdata\org.webosinternals.sdlquake

this is the only dir i have. i searched for ID, i searched for quake, found nothing, didnt even find PAK0.pak... or the pak1 file. im lost man. I need some help. I have the pak1 file.. but i dont know what to do ..

i copied it to the dir, nothing, launched, nothing, copied to created dir id1, nothing. im doing something wrong.... help?

org.webosinternals.sdlquake
    com.rovio.angrybirdsrio

all those directory's are empty.

Edit #2

is webos 2.2.3 setup differently? cuz im not seeing anything your talking about. either im a moron, or this is just incorrect. your explaining how to do stuff, (along with your info in the PM's, but nothing exists like that. i have a whole crapload of directorys named JDALKSDJASHD=-
    DSAKLDJDJLADADSDA=-

and so on..

so.. Again..

Edit #3

Your saying "PALM" in your PM's and i dont have a single directory with the word "PALM" in it..

Remember im using a PRE3..

Help?
    Last edited by cyph911x; 11/05/2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: con-friggin-fused

Well think I know what you are doing... You are using USB mode... You need to use novaterm or internalz.... You need to touch the root file system on the phone... You will not see any of the directories I am referring to. When one uses USB mode you are mapped to /media/internal... You need /media/cryptofs... which is not available when in USB mode. Hope I cleared that up. Now...

copy pak1.pak to you phone under your F:. That is /media/internal on the phone, use novaterm or internalz to copy it to the id1 directory I previous specified.

This requires linux command line (novaterm) or homebrew internalz pro from preware.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks everyone. It works great. I got internalzpro everything was easy after that. Thx for the explanation too.. I love this place

eliasvc likes this.