1.    #1  
    For all those disappointed in the loss of Google Maps, take a look at Nokia Maps @ maps.nokia.com.

I tried it out in the web browser for the Pre 3 and it seemed to work very quickly and quite well. I actually preferred the Nokia Maps on my older N8 to Google Maps on my Android. It is a very underrated mapping solution in North America.
    Sadly while this worked for my Android (Droid 2 Global on Gingerbread) and my iPhone (VZW on iOS 4.3) it failed for my Pre Plus (VZW 1.4.5.1) sending me to the desktop version and not working even when I used m.maps.nokia.com - in fact this last gave me a message that my browser was not compatible.

<sigh>

Glad it works for Pre 3 owners... sad it doesn't work for Pre Plus owners. BFG is a good option for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Sadly while this worked for my Android (Droid 2 Global on Gingerbread) and my iPhone (VZW on iOS 4.3) it failed for my Pre Plus (VZW 1.4.5.1) sending me to the desktop version and not working even when I used m.maps.nokia.com - in fact this last gave me a message that my browser was not compatible.

<sigh>

Glad it works for Pre 3 owners... sad it doesn't work for Pre Plus owners. BFG is a good option for us.
    I used Nokia maps on an E-71 and like it very much. Can I just go to the Ovi Store and download it onto the Pre3?
    How do I go about this?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Its not supported as an app on the web OS (think Mac or Linux program on a Windows-based PC... wont work unless its re-coded for windows). Ovi store wont work w/ your device either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia_webOS View Post
    For all those disappointed in the loss of Google Maps, take a look at Nokia Maps @ maps.nokia.com.

I tried it out in the web browser for the Pre 3 and it seemed to work very quickly and quite well. I actually preferred the Nokia Maps on my older N8 to Google Maps on my Android. It is a very underrated mapping solution in North America.
    Are you saying that you did in fact get this to work on your Pre3?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Its not supported as an app on the web OS (think Mac or Linux program on a Windows-based PC... wont work unless its re-coded for windows). Ovi store wont work w/ your device either.
    That is what I thought, however looks like OP may have it working?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    That is what I thought, however looks like OP may have it working?
    As I said in my original post, I didn't run it as an app. I opened the URL in the web browser, and it seemed to work extremely well.
    how can I get maps.nokia.com to figure out my current locations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia_webOS View Post
    As I said in my original post, I didn't run it as an app. I opened the URL in the web browser, and it seemed to work extremely well.
    OK, sorry for my misunderstanding.
    But please tell me, what is the significance of your post? Are you suggesting that Nokia maps may somehow be used on the Pre3?
    I agree on the Nokia maps. I used it on an e-71 and I felt the turn by turn directions were nicer than my Garmin Nuvi.
  10.    #10  
    I personally do not like Bing Maps, and never use turn-by-turn navigations. In the browser, Nokia Maps works pretty well, so I use it instead to find locations and get simple directions.

I really am not sure how you are not understanding. My OP was to the point.
    I found this out about a week ago too, went as far as sending it to the main site (let's face it, we've seen less news-worthy stories appear more than a few times). Nobody thanked me

Anyway, glad some others have found it too. For anyone getting the "your browser is incompatible" warning, don't worry, just click the link anyway. Has anyone found a few quirks though? Like the location not working (as I understand it this is normal though as there is no browser access to the GPS unit, unless someone knows otherwise)? And the map not scrolling sideways, only up and down/in and out? Otherwise it's pretty good, the "Places" aspect of it is great. Like the OP I've always liked Ovi/Nokia Maps on my old E72 and now my N8, it's great to download the maps and use without mobile signal. Obviously that doesn't happen on my Pre 3, but can't have it all.

Oh and lastly, anyone who hasn't should check out the 3D maps on the main site: Nokia Maps - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes it's quite fun