Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Just because the TP seems to be getting some love from HP, don't expect the same for the Pre 3...

According to this thread on the Palm developer forum, no updates are planned for the Pre 3.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Oh ****... Well, that was expected anyway. But are there plans to bring 2.2.3 to all Pre 3 variants? Right now is not available for "WR" (GSM unlocked in Europe). Can the metadoctor guys bring the miracle?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Oh ****... Well, that was expected anyway. But are there plans to bring 2.2.3 to all Pre 3 variants? Right now is not available for "WR" (GSM unlocked in Europe). Can the metadoctor guys bring the miracle?
    I half suspect that the .3 iteration just introduces AT&T bloatware . The only difference I've really seen is that NFL2010 apparently works on 2.2.3 but doesn't work on my eu .0 3171 ...

But yes bad, if not entirely unexpected, news. To be fair I bought the phone in the knowledge that there might never be any updates, so the minimal updates that we have had is a bonus from that

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/no-webos-u...e-re-surprised

But why are there still updates for the Touchpad. Isn't it just as "dead" as the Pre3?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    lets hope webos internals can fix the bugs...
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    I unfortunately bought the Veer right after HP made its famous statement that the Veer would be supported, just not the other phones. I thought I would get 2.2 with text sharing to the TouchPad. Of course a month afterwards, I heard through the grapevine that they had retracted. There was no official statement.

I'm confused about enyo updating to the phones if they are no longer supported. I heard though it was a byproduct of having to switch over to MSFT's Bing and nothing more.
    This makes sense.

About this twitter integration that Derek is talking about on the front page. He thinks it is coming to the phones. If so, that would suggest to me that they have sold webOS, otherwise I don't know why they would improve the phones after they've exited that business.

edit: it now looks like the dev who spoke on that thread is calling his pronouncement "unofficial". So either HP has not made up its mind yet or they did sell it and this part about the phones has not been worked out yet. I hope the second is true.
    Last edited by bluenote; 11/04/2011 at 11:16 AM.
    because hp still want to give lip service to the touchpad hoping to recover part/all the $$ they spent on palm/webOS by selling to someone, and pretending you "fully" suport webOS as software seemingly does the trick.
    this is not official
    Quote Originally Posted by eternityzero View Post
    this is not official
    yes it is it was confirmed on the dev forums.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    although it is likely true, it is NOT official:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...7394952#p95248
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    it sounds pretty official.

I for one would pay good money for a good software update for my Pre3. I have a Touchpad, but the Pre is still my bread and butter device and it needs a little TLC from Palm.
    Thank you for taking Google Maps away. Thank you for discontinuing Pre 3 support. Thank you very very much. Now if you could take my account, phone and gimme ma muhny back, I would be most grateful. Thank you HP

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    karstenskov likes this.
    Oh, it's official? Oh, MY GOD!!!

I'm buying HP Preł for $ 50.00 to save all you!! Go, Go, Go... save your self!! Send me your paypal adress!! I'm a real hero!!

I'm a soooo nice guy!!!

This gonna be official only when Leo Apoetheker say...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    At the moment I don't need any updates, if there are any bugs it is not in anything that I use at the present time. My Pre 3 is fast and responsive and I would not hesitate recommending to any of my friends and family.
    Well I guess I might as well give up using the Pre 3 as my primary phone then. They're not going to fix the bug with synced (LinkedIn, Google Contacts, Skype) display pics not showing up in Contacts and that's a pretty big deal to me so that's that. I wasn't expecting any new features just one more bug fixing update for that and to improve battery life.
    Anyone who bought the Pre 3 expecting updates deluded themselves. It's an unsupported phone with no warranty or official release. I bought mine knowing that what was in the box was all i'm gonna get.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Anyone who bought the Pre 3 expecting updates deluded themselves. It's an unsupported phone with no warranty or official release. I bought mine knowing that what was in the box was all i'm gonna get.
    +1
    Display pics show up fine in my contacts. I don't use anything google and skype works fine.
    jc-Treo likes this.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Expecting ? No, I wasn't an expecting an update. That doesn't mean this isn't disappointing.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    There are a lot of folks in Europe that had an official release. And warranty.
    karstenskov likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast