Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Display pics show up fine in my contacts. I don't use anything google and skype works fine.
    They worked fine for about three hours and now just show as blank. I've removed and readded all accounts several times and even doctored the phone to make sure it wasn't a glitch. Same problem happened again shortly after I did that.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Warrenty is a red herring anyway as that relates to the mechanical aspects of the phone.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    While I was expecting this for my AT&T pre3, this really sucks for those in Europe who bought it when it was officially released.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    Just because the TP seems to be getting some love from HP, don't expect the same for the Pre 3...

According to this thread on the Palm developer forum, no updates are planned for the Pre 3.
    Look further...
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...7394952#p95248
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I don't think this is a huge deal to me, but I'm probably in the minority as I just use my Pre3 for the basics. I use my phone for phone calls, texting, emailing, and fairly light web browsing. With those things, and coming from a non clocked and non patched Pre-, I am very much enjoying my Pre3 after 10 days. I can't remember the last time my Pre- received an update.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    At the moment I don't need any updates, if there are any bugs it is not in anything that I use at the present time. My Pre 3 is fast and responsive and I would not hesitate recommending to any of my friends and family.
    AMEN
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    gderoiste likes this.
    I think the Pre 3 is light years (okay maybe an exaggeration) better in terms of polished feel than the TP. As long as nothing breaks on my Pre 3 I don't need an update. The TP on the other hand nees some fixes badly--mind you not many but the few bugs that were introduced on the last update need to be cleaned up.

Ironic that I bought a launch day TP and had no worries about functionality and future support on that device as I assumed the "might" of HP was behind it, but was very concerend about my Pre 3 (ATT) as it was never officially released and had no warranty at all and it is a rock star--even bought a back up incase I damage or lose mine.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12