Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    My pre has suddenly stopped showing text notifications!? I would really rather not doctor the device, but i cant live without having my phone notifcate me, ive started just randomly opening the messaging app to check if i had a new message. Everything else appears to work fine on my device.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Okay so i found it was the advanced system prefs that has been the issue. during an install of the "Advanced System Prefs - Framework" my phone crashed, I then could no longer find the patch update so presumed it had installed. It now turns out it had uninstalled itself.

I now cant install the Framework Patch, i have unintalled all Sys Prefs patches but get the same error of "1 hunk of 1 ignored" and viewing IPKG log i get "Unable to run commang: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/mediacryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst2>&1"

My messaging problem has gone on the bright side
    Last edited by rbyrne; 11/04/2011 at 05:10 AM.
    That only happens to me when I set my alerts to mute. I won't get the notification for it.