Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  • 1 Post By bennyling
  1.    #1  
    I have discovered a strong issue with my AT&T Pre3 (unlocked with a code) that I am using on Telstra NextG network in Australia.

I cannot dial 1800-numbers, as if they are blocked.

I open Phone DialPad, press 1, it shows 1. Press 8, it shows 18. Press 0, it shows 180.
    Press 0 again now, and nothing is shown!
    Any further dialled numbers are simply ignored!

Pressing the "Call" button will simply call the last dialled number from the call log.

I have to end call so I can call again.

1. Why is that?
    2. Is there someone else experiencing the same issue?
    3. Is this a separately-unlocked AT&T "feature"?

It is business-crtitical for me since I cannot dial toll-free conference calls for work.
    s%it
    I wrote a patch for that. It's in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is why Rod created the "Fix AU Dial Plan" patch in Preware.

Edit: beaten by seconds.
    no problems with dialing 1 800 numbers on my at&t pre 3. mine is not unlocked tho. will have to try it with my other pre 3 that was unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    no problems with dialing 1 800 numbers on my at&t pre 3. mine is not unlocked tho. will have to try it with my other pre 3 that was unlocked
    That's because you're not using the AU dial plan.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #6  
    cannot use webOSquickinstall to get predate, I think my last Nokia Suite trial buttered the drivers. Novacom reinstalled does not help.

edit - I was stupid enough not to enable dev mode
    issues solved, thanks Rod!
    Last edited by cubeover; 11/12/2011 at 11:06 PM.
    Hey Rod,

I can't find the "Fix AU dial plan" in Preware anymoreand I would really really love to be able to call 1800 numbers!! If you've taken it down is there anyway to get it back? I'll happily pay some for it coz it's such a frustrating glitch...
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Same with '1300' numbers in Aus too. Really annoying!

Herrie.. do we just replace the au.json file with the github script you posted the link to above?
    Certainly the patch doesn't appear to be up in Preware any longer.
    Is OK with 2.2.4 too?
    Have been wanting this for months and didn't know it even existed!

Thanks Rod..

Edit * Later: Humph! ~ What does "Fix AU Dial Plan" patch do?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/13/2014 at 01:13 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Same with '1300' numbers in Aus too. Really annoying!

Herrie.. do we just replace the au.json file with the github script you posted the link to above?
    Certainly the patch doesn't appear to be up in Preware any longer.
    Is OK with 2.2.4 too?
    Have been wanting this for months and didn't know it even existed!

Thanks Rod..

Download the file from GitHub and use WOSQI to install!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Download the file from GitHub and use WOSQI to install!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

This thread: What does "Fix AU Dial Plan" patch do? implies patch non-functional with 2.2.4 as there is not even a relevant 'json' file there to patch!?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/13/2014 at 01:27 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.