Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By p41m3r
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Maybe my search skills are too poor, but I have not found how to transfer my Messages from my Pre+ to my Verizon Pre3.

I used Save/Restore and the old Pre Backup program on my Pre+ before I activated my Pre3.

As far as I know, there is no Pre Backup program for Pre3, though. So, is there a way to restore my Messages?

And I really apologize if the answer is out there somewhere, but I haven't found it.
    Couldn't do it with mine.....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    Couldn't do it with mine.....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks for the reply!

Anyone else seen anything at all on how to do this?
    I dont think there was ever a way to transfer the SMS records. The database file itself (PalmDatabase.db3) is not the easiest thing to work with and in the past it didn't work by overwriting the new w/ the older (larger) copy. On the older Pre devices it is located here: /var/luna/data/dbdata/

It is an sqlite db file and those are not too forgiving if you mess w/ them (at least the Palm wont forgive you ) so be careful.
    Nija likes this.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    When migrating from my Sprint Pre- with webOS v1.4.5 to my Pre 3, I also used rcmarvin's wonderful SMS migration utility to transfer 2+ years worth of SMS text messages to my new phone.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...webos-2-a.html