1.    #1  
    I found this newfangled accessory the other day and emailed the company regards it's compatibility with the Pre3 and the response has been:

"only if HP 3 supports Tethering Bluetooth"

www.imwatch.it

So my guess is it will work... it works with iPhone and Android, and in my experience, anything they can do, the pre does better.

What's everyones take on this? Would it work?
    could work but will wait for full release and see.. .
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I really like what I've seen of it and, being in the market for a smartwatch anyway, am leaning toward ordering one. However, while you need some real estate to make a touchscreen viable, this is the biggest watch face I've ever seen! (Big watch + small wrists = awkward.)

The other thing I'm not so keen on is the band--make mine metal! And while I'm at it, "Does it [the band] come in black?"
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I really like what I've seen of it and, being in the market for a smartwatch anyway, am leaning toward ordering one. However, while you need some real estate to make a touchscreen viable, this is the biggest watch face I've ever seen! (Big watch + small wrists = way awkward.)

The other thing I'm not so keen on is the watchband--make mine metal! And while I'm at it, "Does it [this hoped-for metal watchband] come in black?"
    Last edited by Q; 11/14/2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    If it does work I'll definitely get one! Think it's awesome!

Hope someone will report back after trying it!
    They look like standard bands that can be easily swapped out. Black leather shouldnt be bad (or is that stitched rubber?).
    This looks as a client for your phone. So they'd need to write a server for each supported phone, and one that manages to share, over bluetooth, a ton of diverse information. No easy task. That company's response was overly simplistic.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    A watch that needs to be charged every other day? No thanks.
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    They look like standard bands that can be easily swapped out. Black leather shouldnt be bad (or is that stitched rubber?).
    1) Check the watch's dimensions--40 mm. Even if that's measuring the watch face and the band is, say 36 mm, it's usually a challenge to find bands over 26. Especially a black metal one.

I'd been planning to get the inPulse, which is designed to switch the band easily; their site's been out of stock for months, though.

2) We'll have to see how accessible the pins are; since no one's had a review unit yet, though, none of the pictures show that.

My conclusion has been that I'll have to wait until the watch is out--probably till my order arrives and I can examine it firsthand--and then look into a customized metal band for it.
    I highly recommend the MetaWatch. I am currently writing a software interface that will allow the Pre3 to talk with the watch. So far so good. I can draw to the watch's screen and update the time.

Not sure if this imwatch will support Bluetooth SPP or not. I am also trying to get a hold of a WIMM device.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.