1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I have been trying to get Skype to work on my Pre 3 for weeks now, but haven't had any success. Anyway, tonight I decided to try delete it from my TouchPad, and to my surprise it is now working perfectly on the Pre 3. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? If yes, is it possible to have Skype working on both the TouchPad and Pre 3? I'm a bit worried about reconfiguring it on the TouchPad now that it's finally working on the Pre 3 - lol.

Thanks in advance.
    Stu :-)
    Strange. I have it working on both my Pre 3 and TouchPad, and both have been logged in at the same time too (though that did seem to cause a few messages to go in odd directions).

Otherwise it's worked fine out of the box since installing it on my AT&T Pre 3.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Works perfectly on my Pre 3 and my Touchpad. They share the same profile too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I have it working on both and on the same palm profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Works perfectly on my Pre 3 and my Touchpad. They share the same profile too.
    How is the video with the touchpad. Audio is fine but no video no matter how many times I press the camera icon. Any help would be appreciated.
    I am using WebOS 3.0.4
    BDK
    Hi folks,
    I found Skype in the HP apps catalog and supposedly installed it. However, when I try to do a Skype call it says I'm not logged in (which I think I did when setting up the account). I can't find any icon to launch Skype to log in, aside from going to the website (which I did but I still got the "not logged in" message when trying to do a Skype phone call).

What am I missing?

Dense in Maine...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Hi folks,
    I found Skype in the HP apps catalog and supposedly installed it. However, when I try to do a Skype call it says I'm not logged in (which I think I did when setting up the account). I can't find any icon to launch Skype to log in, aside from going to the website (which I did but I still got the "not logged in" message when trying to do a Skype phone call).

What am I missing?

Dense in Maine...
    Open Accounts in the launcher's System page.
    Go find Skype from the list. Now, there are two three options:
    • Tap Change log-in settings and try log in. Funnily enough, if you (or Pre 3, actually) are already logged in, you get an error message. If not...
    • If the above didn't help and you still can't make Skype calls, remove the account from the list and then reenter it back. This was needed to get Skype working on my Pre 3.
    • Obviously, if there isn't any Skype account on the list, add it there.

One more edit; Don't worry the Skype contacts disappearing from the phone's contacts list when removing the account. They are loaded back there when you succesfully add Skype account on the phone's accounts list.
    Last edited by Lemstil; 11/15/2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    Open Accounts in the launcher's System page.
    Go find Skype from the list. Now, there are two three options:
    • Tap Change log-in settings and try log in. Funnily enough, if you (or Pre 3, actually) are already logged in, you get an error message. If not...
    • If the above didn't help and you still can't make Skype calls, remove the account from the list and then reenter it back. This was needed to get Skype working on my Pre 3.
    • Obviously, if there isn't any Skype account on the list, add it there.

One more edit; Don't worry the Skype contacts disappearing from the phone's contacts list when removing the account. They are loaded back there when you succesfully add Skype account on the phone's accounts list.
    Thanks! Removing the account and reentering it solved the logging in problem.