1.    #1  
    Does the Pre 3 automatically record in 720p or is there a setting you have to do to switch it? I recorded a video and I noticed that its not very clear.
    Outside it looked pretty decent, and as soon as I went inside it got blurry and fuzzy. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my phone?

Uploaded a video to give you guys an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rNL03ZFv4&sns=em
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I see what you mean with the blurring, mine doesnt do that im afraid :/
    It may be issues with the low light conditions inside your house

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Try installing Jason's patch that complements his "LED Torch" app that turns on the camera flash when you are recording video.
    Hmm, my videos aren't so blurry... this might sound silly but try cleaning off your lens?
    However, I do get the lag every few seconds that you have, and it's annoying... I recorded a lecture and it really ruins it...

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    Does the Pre 3 automatically record in 720p or is there a setting you have to do to switch it? I recorded a video and I noticed that its not very clear.
    Outside it looked pretty decent, and as soon as I went inside it got blurry and fuzzy. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my phone?

Uploaded a video to give you guys an idea.

I haven't played with the video at all, but that sounds like classic symtom of the camera just upping the gain ('fake ISO') rather than opening the aperture in darker conditions. So your blurryness is not a resolution limited thing, it means the Pre's camera is physically not getting enough photons to give a clear picture.

So when the light drops, to keep the image the same brightness, the 'video signal' is just amplified. Of course this just means you amp up the 'noise' as well, giving a blurry image.

Basically the only fix is to turn on more lights or use the flash LED as people have suggested.

EDIT: having watched your video (very envious of the SoCal weather btw) it might be the opposite: inside you have darkish conditions with very bright light coming through the shutters. possibly, the Pre thinks 'wow we've got loads of light, close the shutter lots', when actually that lights mostly coming from a very small spot on the video. As a result the rest of the image suffers. Notice how the blurring really occurs when the camera is shaking
    Last edited by Andyf; 11/03/2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Hmm, my videos aren't so blurry... this might sound silly but try cleaning off your lens?
    However, I do get the lag every few seconds that you have, and it's annoying... I recorded a lecture and it really ruins it...

Any suggestions?
    Does turning the rarely-mentioned anti-shake function on or off make a difference?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I thought it looked mighty good outside. I will test. But I think it looks like mine does.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.