Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  • 1 Post By dadueler
  1.    #1  
    I should be receiving my AT&T HP Pre3 4G in the mail tomorrow. Tomorrow also marks a year from the date that I upgraded to my AT&T palm pre plus. So, any neat tips & tricks. Any neat apps I should know about?
  2. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #2  
    just enjoy it. Pre 3 is a really great phone...oh and dont forget to call ATT to have htem provision your account for 4G
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    just enjoy it. Pre 3 is a really great phone...oh and dont forget to call ATT to have htem provision your account for 4G
    if it already says H+ out of the box, does that mean 4g has already been provisioned for me?
  4. jaltman's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    #4  
    Yes
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
  5. #5  
    Preware and all of the patches that custom tailor your Pre 3 to your needs, FreeTether, Pandora, Govnah and LED Torch off the top of my head. Also, donate what you can afford to the awesome developers of the homebrew/WebOS Internals communities
    Vistaus likes this.
  6. #6  
    Set logging to minimal!

    And then, what everyone else said

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Vistaus likes this.
  7. #7  
    Install UberKernel (and Govnah as suggested above) to get better battery life
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Set logging to minimal!

    And then, what everyone else said

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    How do I find "Logging"?
    What will it do?
    Thanks
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
  9. #9  
    The Pre continuously sends data logs to Palm's servers. This can be apps used or app crashes and other info. This constant background data gathering and xfer slows down the device a bit as well as take a hit on the battery in the process. Turning down logging will free up resources (processor cycles, RAM) and you'll see a boost in overall performance on the phone. You can do so w/ a patch; open Preware and search for it.

    Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off logging altogether? If the device is not supported then whats the use in 'helping' Palm track potential device issues? I no longer see the logic in it - it only amounts to data gathering from this point forward.
  10. #10  
    A-1 Skyraider overclock to 1.9 GHz!!! NOW we're talking!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Preware and all of the patches that custom tailor your Pre 3 to your needs, FreeTether, Pandora, Govnah and LED Torch off the top of my head. Also, donate what you can afford to the awesome developers of the homebrew/WebOS Internals communities
    Pandora doesn't show up in the app catalog on my Pre 3 ATT. I get a message saying the application is not available for the carrier. Any idea why?
  12. jd914's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jghall00 View Post
    Pandora doesn't show up in the app catalog on my Pre 3 ATT. I get a message saying the application is not available for the carrier. Any idea why?
    it should be there, I just checked. Make sure your device is running the latest version of the app catalog.
    HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    HP Touchpad
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    it should be there, I just checked. Make sure your device is running the latest version of the app catalog.
    App catalog version 2.0.23300. I haven't been prompted for any updates. If an update is recovered, is there a way to execute it manually?
  14. #14  
    System updates is an app icon on the app launcher, hit it, and it will check for availible updates

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    System updates is an app icon on the app launcher, hit it, and it will check for availible updates

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    System updates says the phone is up to date. What's the latest version? Is there a way to manually install it?

Posting Permissions