Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Dammit....had a Pre 3 Verizon at 256.00, then went up to 260.00. I put higher bid to 340...damn sniper got it at the last 2 seconds. So much for trying to get one cheap. How many of the Verizon Pre 3's are actually out here? I am seeing ones for under 400 on ebay, or right close to there. I pay a ETF to get out of Verizon or pay about the same extra to get a Verizon Pre 3 vs. an AT&T one. I still am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan on Verizon, so would like to keep that. Anyone selling their Verizon Pre 3??...lol..
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    well I messed up on my ebay bids this week and have more Verizon Pre 3s than I need... darn it... but since I screwed up I'm going to check with some friends first - if I need to lose money to sell them I'd rather sell to a friend.

so after they arrive and I decide if I'm keeping 1 or 2 and check around with my Verizon friends, I'll PM you to see if you're still in the market and what kind of price you'd pay. how's that sound?

Clarice
    (who now remembers to update her research before bidding on ebay items! I didn't realize the price had dropped so much oops!!)

p.s. I spent all afternoon praying for a sniper - the bid was 12 bucks below my max - SO close to NOT winning a 3rd overpriced auction - doh!
    Last edited by shrxwin; 11/01/2011 at 09:09 PM.
  3.    #3  
    That'd be cool. I have a Veer, but its just too small for me. And as mentioned still under contract with Big Red (though At&T actually works well in Nebraska out in the rural parts, you roam on Viearo here.) How many did you buy? Hopefully you were getting them from the warehouse in Indy (I used to haul HP laptops into there, but I don't know anyone anymore that works there.. )
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I ended up with THREE hahaha two from different locations in California, the other seems to be coming from Chicago I think, I'll know more tomorrow.

I'm on contract with Verizon but since the service is better in Boise and rural Idaho we'll stick with them for the foreseeable future.

I have a Veer on a Go-Phone SIM and love that little guy - since I have my TouchPad with me most of the time I would love for that to be my primary phone, but won't switch to AT&T completely. Too bad there wasn't a chance for them to figure out how to release a Verizon version Veer...

I realized this weekend if I ever wanted to Text from my TouchPad I better get a 3 since my 2 will likely never get an update to have the MAP profile
  5.    #5  
    Wow...I just need 1..lol. I still have my Pre-, and it still works great, just had moved from Sprint to Verizon for work. I like the Veer; it runs pretty good with no overclock. The iPhone just seems to be soul-less, if there is such a thing, and doesn't run the apps I want any better than the Veer does. I take it the build quality is as good as a Veer or better? I was debating on a Pre 2, but it has been noted the screen quality is a huge upgrade with the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I really liked the upgrade from Pre+ to Pre 2, and planned to stick with it since the ginormous cell phone craze is getting ridiculous. which makes it even more ironic that I ended up with 3 of the darned things - I might end up selling all of them if it's too large! but we'll see, just two more days...
  7.    #7  
    That is a thought (size of phone). I had a Droid X, which only froze and needed a battery pull 1-2 times a day, and almost drove me insane with a manic-depressive touchscreen keyboard. My Pre- was a good size, and balanced nicely. Tell me how it feels!
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    you bet! it's a shame it never made it into the stores so we could check it out in person without spending so much money on ebay!
    only 3 Verizon pre 3's left on ebay tonight. I wonder if we'll ever find out the real story behind there being so few Verizon pre3's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    only 3 Verizon pre 3's left on ebay tonight. I wonder if we'll ever find out the real story behind there being so few Verizon pre3's available.
    Think this was posted previously, the ATT Pre 3 was slated for Sept 4th release, the Verizon Pre 3 was slated for Sept 18th release. When dufass Leo stood up behind the podium on August 18th to kill the US version of the product, there weren't as many finished production VZW Pre 3's as there were finished production AT&T Pre 3's. Remember, finished production includes passing QC checks and sealed in retail packaging.

I'm sure we're going to see some white box versions of these pop up, maybe as soon as December/Jan. Watch out for flaws though.

P.S. Leo really is a dufASS, a dufASS Leo is, a dufASS Leo will always be
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    jc-Treo and gbp like this.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_osis_of_liver2002 View Post
    Dammit....had a Pre 3 Verizon at 256.00, then went up to 260.00. I put higher bid to 340...damn sniper got it at the last 2 seconds. So much for trying to get one cheap. How many of the Verizon Pre 3's are actually out here? I am seeing ones for under 400 on ebay, or right close to there. I pay a ETF to get out of Verizon or pay about the same extra to get a Verizon Pre 3 vs. an AT&T one. I still am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan on Verizon, so would like to keep that. Anyone selling their Verizon Pre 3??...lol..
    So you're the guy that runs up the prices before the last few seconds? Geez.
  12.    #12  
    As opposed to the guys who run them up over 400 with 12 hrs to go?...lol. The sniper only made one bid
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    you bet! it's a shame it never made it into the stores so we could check it out in person without spending so much money on ebay!
    I know! It was hard enough finding a Pre 2 to play with...
    I've been bidding once on every single one of them - I'm usually the one that takes it from the double digit range to the low 300's, just to get an outbid notice on it 5 minutes later....
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    well I apologize for messing up Monday/Tuesday auctions - but I'm paying for it (literally). I didn't realize prices for the Verizon version had dropped so much already so I thought my bids were low and that I'd have no chance of winning expensive mistake that obviously affected more than just me!

hopefully they all will arrive before the weekend so I can decide what to do, offer to friends/family, to the marketplace here or back on ebay...
    The ONLY way to handle ebay without making myself crazy is to set a price I'm willing to pay and then if someone bids over me - take it in stride. I treat Ebay like a silent auction - I don't care if someone outbids me - if they do they wanted it more than I did. (It wasn't always this way - but with automated tools and continued losses - I came to this philosophy the hard way...)

In this way - I can rest and relax and not fret and stress over the last minutes of auctions.

I also don't bid myself up from where I need to stay by getting "Bid fever" - don't get caught in that trap...

Last but not least - if the going price is higher than the auction you're in - someone is going to swoop in and push it up closer to the average - don't feel cheated when this happens. It was never yours, you were only renting the idea that it might be yours...
  17.    #17  
    Lol...renting the idea. I like that. I was hoping the prices had crested, and I was riding the wave down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_osis_of_liver2002 View Post
    Lol...renting the idea. I like that. I was hoping the prices had crested, and I was riding the wave down.
    You're welcome to it. It took me a while to come to terms with greEdBay but these days I treat it with a detachment that comes from not being too worried if I win or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    well I messed up on my ebay bids this week and have more Verizon Pre 3s than I need... darn it... but since I screwed up I'm going to check with some friends first - if I need to lose money to sell them I'd rather sell to a friend.

so after they arrive and I decide if I'm keeping 1 or 2 and check around with my Verizon friends, I'll PM you to see if you're still in the market and what kind of price you'd pay. how's that sound?

Clarice
    (who now remembers to update her research before bidding on ebay items! I didn't realize the price had dropped so much oops!!)

p.s. I spent all afternoon praying for a sniper - the bid was 12 bucks below my max - SO close to NOT winning a 3rd overpriced auction - doh!
    Depending on how much you would be willing to part with one of your "surplus" Verizon Pre 3's, I would also be interested. My intent is not to start a bidding war with sir_osis, just would love to have one as well and have been keeping my eye out on ebay but have not bid because of the high prices.

Thanks...
    "I put higher bid to 340...damn sniper got it at the last 2 seconds."

Fight fire with fire and snipe yourself. It isn't cheating, just smart.

(Automated) sniping is a convenience for people who want to avoid drawing attention to an item, and the nibbling and competitive bidders, and higher final price, that usually come along with early bidding.

Http://www.hidbid.com is a good service to use.

If you have the time, you can do it manually.

Just remember, the highest bid wins, regardless of when it is placed. EXCEPT, when two bids are the same or there is not enough difference between them to meet eBay's minimum bid increment. In that case, the first bid in wins.

If people were completely rational, the best strategy would be to bid the second that an auction is listed. I'd stick with the sniping strategy.

A couple more benefits:

1. If you decide you no longer want an item, you can cancel your snipe with may be as little as 5 minutes left in an auction (I guess depending on which service or software you use). If you had already placed a bid on eBay, you would have to file a bid retraction. Do that too many times and you can be blocked from bidding on any other auctions.

2. It is a sort of defense against shill bidding - the seller or his buddy would not have enough time to max your bid out and then cancel theirs.

If you want to find items on eBay that are rare there, use a site like ebuyersedge.com to set up saved searches. You'd get an e-mail whenever a new match is listed - very good for "Buy It Now" items that may be priced right.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast