Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    I did a very quick search of eBay today and didn't see any Verizon Pre 3s for auction. As with the other posters above, I'd be interested in one at the right price. I'm not here to start a bidding war, either. So if you have a spare one, contact the two posters above to see if they want it first. I'm happy to hang back and wait to see if any fall through.

I'm trying to fight off going to the Dark/Android side for as long as I can but my Pre+ is starting to be a bit quirky and I think I'm going to need to upgrade fairly soon.
    you guys might be too late to the party

looks like the world reserves of Verizon PRE 3 have been depleted
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Yesterday I received 2 of the 3 I accidentally won. Doctored them both, picked one and activated on my Verizon line (after doing the StopDeviceWipe process to reserve my Pre 2).

LOVE this phone so far I'm pretty sure I'll keep 2 of them, maybe convince my significant other to try the second one in place of the Pixi+

the 3rd one hasn't shipped yet, don't know when it'll arrive, so I'm not going to think about what to do about it for awhile. I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks what I decide!

Thanks Clarice
    Don't hate the snipers- hate ebay's idiotic rules that make sniping necessary. There's no reason to bid on anything until the last 5-10 seconds of the auction because of the way the site is built.

If a bid in the last minute extended the auction by 1 minute, there wouldn't be any need to snipe.
  5.    #25  
    I would be interested in that last one, Clarice. Tell us more on how you like it!!
    stocks have been depleted, huh ? May be I should put the pre 3 that I am using on ebay for higher price to make a profit.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    There are more new auctions right now - go refresh your search. one seller with two auctions is someone I bought from - fast shipping via FedEx with signature required. Good Luck! it's worth getting one
  8.    #28  
    I bought an AT&T Pre 3 in the meantime to see if I would even like it (found a cheap one, compared to a Verizon one anyway..lol), and I am noticing that that slider is loose on it? If you press down on the gesture area it rocks up and down. Have you noticed this on the Verizon ones? I suspect the PO, when taking the sim card out, might have tweaked it when he pried the back cover off. Or all of them are like this?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    good idea - its so hard to commit to spending more when you're not even sure what it's like!

the one I chose to activate on my account is awesomely solid in the slider department. I've had both Pre+ and Pre2 so I'm familiar with wonky sliders

The 2nd one doesn't have any kind of rocking but does have a little resistance when sliding, which is why i chose the other to become my daily phone. haven't receive the 3rd one yet.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_osis_of_liver2002 View Post
    I suspect the PO, when taking the sim card out, might have tweaked it when he pried the back cover off. Or all of them are like this?
    My AT&T Pre3 is like a rock. Which is awesome to someone who has had a Pre- and FrankenPre2.
  11.    #31  
    Hmm...I wonder if I disassemble it, I can tighten things up a bit. I searched the forum, and others have the same comments; this could be a first run batch or something similar. I like the phone, the battery life seems better than my Pre-, and the keyboard doesn't feel like a studio apartment in Tokyo..

Who knows...AT&T has a decent enough signal (not verizon, but not bad) in Nebraska, and the HSPA+ speeds aren't too bad in Omaha, compared to the 3g I would get with Verizon. Just I still have unlimited data on Verizon and would have an ETF to pay off...
    there are plenty on ebay, what are you guys talking about being too late for the party?

just buy one, i got mine at 598, and it is amazing, worth every penny.

DONT REGRET NOT GETTING ONE...

Just read my signature =)
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12