Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By palml0ver
  • 1 Post By chillywillymm
  1.    #1  
    I bought a pre 3 on ebay and received it today. I bought it cause I'll soon be switching to at&t once my contract with verizon is up. I was wondering if I can use my brothers sim card on at&t just to activate it and then give it back to him once I get passed the sign in screen.
    Will this alone work? Or am I going to have to bypass it using devmode and impostah so that I may be able to log into my profile with full access to the app catalog?
    that would work perfectly!
    agreed that will work without a problem.... I am loving the freedom and ease of GSM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    it'll work, just be sure he has a data plan on his line, or he will get charged the pay per use rate when you activate it. Not sure how much data it'll use, but the pay per use rate is extremely expensive.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Are you going to login to an existing palm profile that is in use? I am think that if you login to your existing profile on the pre3 it will verify your palm profile on your other webOS phone (not touchpad) and reboot and erase the apps. If this is your situation you may want to create a new palm profile when activating the pre3 and wait until the pre3 becomes your primary phone then doctor it and transfer your primary profile.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    try this if you don't want to lose your current phone data StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

as soon as your profile is activated connect to wi-fi, so your apps wont download from your brothers data plan
    Last edited by moris; 11/01/2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    or just activate with new profile, then when you are ready to put your profile on Pre3 do it.

also could carry both phones and setup the vzw one with a new profile and tether for those data apps on pre3
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    thanks for all the replies. I ended up using my brothers sim card and everything worked perfectly. This phone is just wow. I love it. I literally hate HP.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Just got my AT&T Pre 3 yesterday (bought it off eBay). I've had a Sprint Pre since Feb 2010 and this phone is top notch webOS goodness.

I did wipe out my Palm Profile on my existing Pre (chose to keep the data, so all of my photos and other misc data is still here). No worries since I will be switching to an iPhone 4S on Sprint in a month and my Pre had some issues anyway and needed a refresh. (I setup a new profile on the Sprint Pre to get Evernote and a few other free apps)

Regardless, the Pre 3 is a dream and it's a shame that most users won't get a chance to know how well a webOS phone can be.
    pre4 likes this.